Act Two- The end is just the beginning

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

Trigger Warning for Discussion of Trauma and Suicidal Thoughts

We went through three different therapists before we found one that I liked.

I've gone to four sessions with Doctor Tamira, slowly giving her a highly edited version of the truth.

Of course, Mãe had already informed her that some things I say may seem strange and out of place, but she wanted me to get over my emotional problems first before anything else. Just because people didn't believe it doesn't mean that it wasn't affecting me.

I was in a school shooting and I think that I should've died in it. My mood swings wildly and I can go from happy to numb in seconds. I hurt people when I get out of control. I blame myself for everything that goes wrong. My moral compass has slowly diminished over the years as I learnt to lie and manipulate to protect myself. I was abused by my step-father growing up. I got kidnapped and torn from my Mãe this summer.

She told me that my empathy may be skewed, but I recognise that I have a problem, and that's me getting over the first big hill.

She was proud of me for going through so much and coming out the other end still capable of trusting and loving people.

For me, it doesn't ring as the truth, but I might believe her one day.

Until then, I'll go home to my Mãe and Tia Em, stay in contact with my friends, and hope that tomorrow will be better.

I'll heal. Someday.

-

The strange liquid that covered the floor rippled.

I stood up, eyes scanning the empty distance that stretched as far as the eye can see. Inky blackness made up the sky, horizon, and present.

I did it. I made it back here on purpose.

A manic grin spread across my face.

"Thalia!" I called. "Thalia!"

A faint sound responded to my calls. I raced towards it.

The liquid didn't splash or make a single noise as I ran.

"Thalia! Thalia!" I shouted as I approached a figure floating face up in the mystery water.

She startled, standing up.

"Ophelia?" she said in disbelief. "Wha- How?"

I barrelled into her, laughing as I gave her a hug. "I found you again!"

"That you did," she said dryly. "Why are you here?"

I stepped back, levelling her with my best serious look.

"Well," I began, heart racing. "I've got one hell of a story to tell you, cousin."