Act Two- Bullfighting is Way Harder Than You See On TV

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

Reaching the car, Mãe fucking stepped on it.

The landscape zoomed past us like we were on steroids. Trees became nothing more than green blurs and I'm pretty sure we're breaking every traffic and speeding law known to mankind. If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were going even faster than the Grey Sisters' cab.

A small, insane part of my brain was weirdly chanting 'Fast and Furious: Electric Boogaloo' which sorta shows exactly what I think under pressure. Another part of my brain was going 'Damn, Mãe can drive, woo-hoo!'

Gods know how I haven't died before the canon era even started.

It took me way too long to notice that we are driving away from the ocean. "Wait! Mãe, what're you doing? We have to go to the sea!"

Grover looked at me like I was insane, "The sea? A monster is after us and you want us to drive this car into the ocean? We have to get you to camp!"

Ugh! "The sea will protect us! Mãe, please, turn around and head to the sea! At least I can defend myself there!" They don't understand, damn it!

"Ophelia, the camp will protect you, you have the best chance there." Mãe sounded very worried.

"Eu sei quem é meu pai! Puta merda, vá para a água para que eu possa matar esse monstro!" I snap. (I know who my dad is! Holy shit, go towards the water so I can kill this monster!)

Mãe whips around to face me despite the car still going fast enough to be in a The Rock movie. "O QUE?!" (WHAT?!)

...I probably shouldn't have just told her that I know the secret she's been trying to hide from me for my entire life like that. Too late now. Heh. Cheers to regretting something immediately!

"Watch out!" Grover warns, and Mãe barely swerves the car in time to avoid a collision with a fallen tree laying across the road. What is with obstacles and dramatic timing?

"Grover, put on your seatbelt." I berated him.

Mãe ramps up the speed to 'I know I can't bend space-time but I'm gonna try anyway.' "Camp is closer than the cabin right now. Ophelia, we are continuing this conversation when we aren't in mortal peril."

I winced; that was her serious voice. I'm so dead.

There were a few tense moments before Grover spoke up, "Percy...you knew the old ladies are the Fates."

That wasn't a question. Fuck. Uh- half-truths! "As much as everyone kept trying to hide it from me, a cyclops in a trenchcoat watching me when I was 8 set off a few alarm bells. They arrested him 'cause they thought he was a paedophile, remember? You both know how much I like to research. The Graeco-Roman Myths were the only one that fit the bill of weird donkey-and-brass-legged women staring at me in the park, and everything after that was applied logic." Yes! Totally nailed it! They call me the Foxy Queen of Lies. Actually no, serpents are cooler and trickier than foxes, call me the 'Serpent Queen of Lies.'

Grover seemed to buy it. "At least we've got that down. So do you know about Camp?"

"Nope. Sounds like a 'safe place' with protections against these monsters. Also, are you a faun?"