Act Two- Interlude/Omakes: Luke and Poseidon.

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

-Luke POV-

When I realised that the last order I followed from Kronos hurt Ophelia, the pain that split through me nearly made me black out.

It was strange, the pain, it was almost as if it was physical; the way it made my head split, my chest tighten til I could not breathe, my knees buckle, my arms tremble. Grief and regret, it seems, is a much stronger emotion than I've ever known.

I could not sleep. In my dreams, I saw her fall and bleed, over and over, until all I could do is scream myself awake. I willingly took Alabaster's and Clovis' sleeping potion; I only let myself dream once, and it felt almost like Kronos was watching and laughing at me.

The relief that came when she was released from the infirmary was overshadowed by my guilt. I did this to her. I hurt her. For what? Petty revenge on the gods? The cruel whims of Kronos? I was a pawn either way; harming others to feel useful.

The lake was almost like a punishment. She trusts you to tell you a secret - a secret she will be hunted for - and I've already stabbed her in the back.

Ophelia is a child of the big three. A daughter of Poseidon. The child of the prophecy. She will die for the gods, and nothing I do will change that. All I can do is make her happier before she dies and I'm already failing that.

I should go to the gods. I should confess to being the one who stole the bolt, that Kronos is rising and he ordered me to. But I am too much of a coward to face the consequences of my own actions.

Instead, I will go on the quest with her. I will protect her, help her, mentor her, make sure she comes out of this alive. If I have to; I will give my life to stop her from being condemned by my actions.

I have to save her. I may not be useful or have a purpose other than being a pawn for the gods and Titans; but I will make sure she never is a pawn.

-Poseidon-

His sweet daughter is breaking and he cannot go to her.

Poseidon has always held a fond place in his heart for his demigod daughter, she was the light of his life. He listens attentively when her daily prayers reach his ears and distract him from his work. He watches over her as she grows.

Then she found out about the world he and Sally were desperate to keep her from - keep her safe in her ignorance. Her prayers stopped, the only times he got any contact from her is when she sacrificed part of her dinner to him every night. He wanted to hover over her in worry, but Zeus and Hades were watching us both. If I showed any evidence that she was my daughter; my sweet Ophelia would be in danger.

His princess was injured, bleeding from a hellhound should never have been anywhere near her. He wanted to claim her, help her, but he couldn't. He would not claim her unless his hand was forced. Nobody has seen her use her powers - not even his brothers - she was still safe.

He watched her weep at the lake unable to comfort her, and it drove him spare. She knew that he was her father, and she knows what that means. And his sweet, sweet daughter will give up her safety to clear his name as the thief. Truly, he could not love her anymore than he does already.

As she fell asleep in her bed; he appeared to her.

His brothers may rage and bluster, but he will destroy them before he lets them harm his family.

This, he promises her with a soft kiss to her forehead and the faint sea energy he leaves behind. He promises.