Act Two- Medusa is NOT like Tumblr reimagined her.

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

So there I was, running away from an exploded bus, wondering whether or not I'll ever be able to go to University now. Then the weirdest thing happened.

Actually no, the weirdest thing isn't that weird; I'm just being dramatic.

As soon as we stopped frantically running for our lives, I looked around, confirmed that I probably wasn't going to die in the next thirty seconds if I didn't move, then promptly sat down. On the ground. And laughed. But also kinda cried.

I know that I probably looked and acted insanely, but I didn't care. We just exploded a bus that was being attacked by demon triplet grandmothers! Hah!

Oh look, Luke seems almost hysterical enough to laugh or something. Must've said that last part aloud. Great, now I'm talking like a crazy person too!

Ah, but now he's going hysterical from worry. Don't worry- I'm not injured, you're not injured and she's not injured! It's great!

Annabeth just sighed and rolled her eyes at me.

She ushered me up and kept pulling us along, saying, "Come on! The farther away we get, the better." Leave it to her to be so pragmatic. Damn, if only I could be like that...

I had to hold out my hand to drag Luke who looked like the definition of a victim of shock. He kept snapping it out of it at random times while shakily muttering something along the lines of, "All three furies! Ophelia and Annabeth-?" Then he'd go full mother hen on the both of us before reverting back to his stunned silence.

Well, considering what I was doing not even half a minute ago, cracking a joke about being bipolar would probably be bad right about now.

"Should we do something?" I instead asked Annabeth, gesturing vaguely in Luke's direction.

She glanced at him. "He'll be fine. He did this when I was little too; Thalia and I would pull a stunt and he would be like that for an hour."

I nod. "So he's always just been like this?"

"An absolute mother hen? Yes. Pretty sure that's why they handed the councillor duties to him when he was 14; he was already fussing over everyone even if he was literally years younger than them."

I giggled. "He's definitely the Mom friend."

She huffed a laugh at that, lips quirking in a way that told me it was all genuine. "Yep."

There were a few beats of comfortable silence before she spoke again. "Look, I..." Her voice faltered. "I appreciate your plan, okay? That was really brave. Thanks for coming back to help us."

"I wouldn't leave you. We're a team." Seriously, I'm Persephone Ophelia fuckmothering Jackson- and we Jacksons are loyal to our very bones.

She was quiet for a few more steps. "It's just that if you died... aside from the fact that it would really suck for you, it would mean the quest was over. This may be my only chance to see the real world."

Okay, one one hand, understandable. On the other hand, can't you just wait until you're seventeen or something? You know, until you're an adult?

The thunderstorm had finally let up. The city glow faded behind us, leaving us in almost total darkness. I couldn't see anything of Annabeth except a glint of her blond hair.