Act Two- Time to mess shit up even more, apparently.

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

Trigger Warning for Mentions of Human Trafficking

We shot forwards, the currents pushing us with what can vaguely be interpreted as enthusiasm. I would've moved us all the way to the shore like this, except we ran into some problems.

Namely, the Coast Guard picks us up from in the middle of the ocean.

Unfortunately, unlike Canon, there is no massive earthquake shaking up LA to distract them from the fact that they've found the three runaways/terrorists that have been blowing up stuff across the country.

Yeah... We got arrested.

Luckily, I'm a dramatic little shit who (may or may not) have been a theatre kid in my last life. (You have no proof!)

As soon as an actual officer appeared, I began to sob in relief.

"Thank goodness!" I cried, "We're safe!"

Luke, like the Hermes kid he is, immediately got it and began acting along.

He grabbed me and Annabeth close, and kissed our heads, muttering about us being safe and not endangered anymore- weariness and hope all but pouring out of his mouth.

Annabeth was a bit slow, but her happy tears were actually pretty good.

"What?" the officer- Jack Reynolds from his badge- asked, confused.

"We're away from our kidnapper!" I exclaimed in between sobs. "We jumped off a human trafficking boat and tried to swim to shore and you found us!"

The Mist finally kicked in. Praise the Mist.

They gave us shock blankets, double-checked whether or not we were terrorists, then took us to shore and handed us over to the FBI.

We told them all about our kidnapper, Ares Theoi, who stole me and my Mãe during our vacation. According to us, he also stole Annabeth about two years ago by telling her father that he was the driver to her year-round camp, and stole Luke too when he was 7. I told them that the bus blew up when his co-conspirators- some three older women- threatened me with a bomb because Mãe had managed to escape. The entire Arch fiscal was when he and his contact had traded exotic felines and somehow a lion had gotten loose and the contact jumped out of the hole in an attempt to escape being eaten. Finally, our kidnapper realised that we were too high-profile in the USA and tried to get us all down to Mexico but I convinced my fellow stolen friends to jump off the boat and try to swim to shore when he left a window unlocked.

All in all, a wild fucking ride.

Also, yeah, there are more holes in that story than a fucking sponge, but goddamnit I ain't no Hermes kid.

They bought it hook, line and sinker- probably with the Mist working overtime. All of a sudden, we were these poor children being talked about on every station in the States and beyond; traumatised and scared and so very relieved to be safe again.

The traumatised part is quite useful (and probably right) considering that Luke nearly bit the Social Worker woman who wanted to separate us.

My personal favourite part of this whole ordeal is the fact that I heavily implied that Smelly Gabe may have been part of the trafficking circle. He was the only one to know that Mãe and I were on holiday, and I've seen him with some pretty young girls when he was with his poker group. Really, I've told no lies!