Introductions, Ranting, and Birthday Surprises

Harry toyed with his camera as the editing software downloaded onto his computer. Once it was in a decent position, he grabbed the notepad he kept nearby for video ideas and flipped to a new page. He needed to make a list of things he would buy in and around Diagon Alley; he needed to drop in for his supplies and with his relatives out of the picture it was the perfect opportunity! With the download complete, Harry began recording his newest rant.

"Hey Muggles! Do I have news for you! So, my relatives probably won't be returning for the rest of the summer! I get to actually enjoy one of my summers! Today, I got a snake, his name is Aspen," Harry held up the snake, who seemed to preen at the attention. "So I can talk to snakes and he wanted me to take him with me after I found him while gardening. But that's not even the craziest thing that has happened!"

"I found out I have a godfather. He broke into my house and was looking in the cupboards when I found him. I threw a candle at him and then threatened him with a knife! He eventually explained what was going on so I wouldn't stab him. Oh! He said he was a thing called an Animagus! They are witches and wizards who can turn into animals; my transfiguration teacher can turn into a cat."

"Anyways, my Godfather said he was a dog animagus and I could pretend he was my pet dog Snuffles. He's currently on the run for murder, but he's innocent! Though he is kinda crazy. But, that's been my day! This summer is promising to be interesting at least. I do need to go to Diagon Alley, that's where wizards and witches get their school supplies, so I can get this year's supplies and some extra money. I am gonna get a phone to record more! Thanks for watching! Potter Out!"

Harry started toying with the editing software, adding small snarky remarks in at specific times, as well as putting sparkles around Aspen. Most of the time he spent editing was just goofing around with filters and effects. Finally, after nearly twenty minutes, he uploaded the newest video.

It was at this moment, while Harry was basking in the newest upload, that he remembered his summer work. He stumbled out of his room and down the stairs to get his trunk! After thoroughly startling Sirius, he managed to drag his trunk upstairs to start his work without his Uncle's interference!

Harry woke up to a furious tapping on his window. Outside were four different owls, three had packages and one had only a letter. He let the four inside, giving each a treat, and unburdened them of the mail. The one carrying the letter left immediately after delivery, the other three took time to rest and recuperate.

The letter was from Hogwarts and held his supply list; thankfully it looked as if they would have a competent teacher this year, but one can't be sure with DADA. The other three were gifts from the Weasleys and Hermione. The Weasleys had sent him Egyptian fudge, a charm meant to ward off evil spirits, and a telescope-like object with a tag that read SNEAK-O-SCOPE. Hermione had sent him a book, shocker, but it was the title that caused him to tense.

The book was titled "They/Them/Their", it was about gender identity. He knew Hermione was perceptive, but he wished she would talk to him rather than give him self-help books. With a sigh, he set it aside to read through later. He had been questioning himself for a while, being called a boy didn't feel quite right, neither did being called a girl though. He'd figure it out later. For today, he wanted to take Aspen and Snuffles to Diagon and celebrate his birthday!