Summoning A Demon To Get Views

"Black! What part of 'the three are not ready for any form of family magic' did you not understand?"

"But it's something that me and Regulus learned when we were six! Those three can definitely handle it! Besides, they'll have me there! I know how to handle this if anything goes wrong!"

The three in question had already taken the Black family grimoire and were reading up on the summoning of a shadow person. It was a gift bestowed upon the Black family when they first became their own line. They had a slight control over shadows around them and could summon creatures made of shadow. A shadow person was one of the easier ones to call.

"Black, we don't really know what could happen! What if one of them has an adverse reaction to this magic? Hm? How will you explain to other people that one of them got dark magic poisoning from messing with magic they weren't ready for?"

The two continued to have their argument as the trio decided on the best way to test their reactions to it. They would take turns to summon a small patch of shadows; Ron first, then Hermione, and lastly Harry. This was how they normally checked, and it gave them a chance to stop things from getting out of hand.

Ron was up first. He stood a few feet away, shook his head to clear it, and said the short incantation: umbra bellator. What looked like a person moved away from the dark corner to stand in front of him. A grin spread across his face as he bowed and released the magic holding the figure there.

Hermione didn't get nearly as far. She had managed to say the first half of the incantation before her skin started to crawl. She released her magic instantly and allowed Harry to hit her with a purification spell. The other two made sure she was farther away when Harry stepped up to try.

They took a deep breath and said the spell. An odd feeling of coolness filled their chest as the shadow person stepped forward to meet them. The figure was easier to identify as a female, one that was slightly taller than them, though that wasn't hard. She seemed to be as curious about Harry as they were about her.

It was at this time that Sirius and Snape had finally noticed the lack of noise from the three teenagers. They turned to see the three staring at a shadow figure in front of Harry. The two also got to see Hermione holding up Harry's phone to take a video.

Harry stepped forward and reached out to the figure, waiting to see if there would be a reaction. The girl tilted her head, as if she were confused, before she touched the top of their outstretched hand. The lights in the room flickered violently as they collapsed forward. It took a few minutes for the lights to return to normal and then everyone rushed to the unconscious child and began all talking at once.

"Harry! Harry, please wake up! I don't want Snape and Remmy to murder me!"

"Harry, you can't leave me alone with Ron!"

"Harry, you can't leave me alone with Hermione!"

"Don't you dare! I refuse to have the mutt yell at me for this!"

They slowly came to, groaning at the pressure in their head and the black spots that dotted their vision. They could hear someone apologizing frantically over the others. They shook their head, trying to clear the haze that plagued them.

"Stupid human! Falling down and not answering! I should bite you!"

"I'm fine Aspen. I don't really know what happened."

"Now you have another animal! Is the flying chicken and my magnificence not enough? Cruel speaker!"

Their confusion was short-lived as a female voice explained the situation in their head. Apparently, when they had touched the shadow figure, the family magic created a bond between the two. They could choose a form for the shadow to take and could 'lend' it a little bit of magic if necessary. It was a similar bond to that of a familiar.

They quickly explained what was happening to the gaggle of concerned individuals and a snake. Remus had come in during the commotion and had moved Harry onto a chaise that sat nearby. Hermione and Ron also filled in the adults on their attempts at the magic.

"Let me get this straight, you three took the Black family grimoire and performed sacred magic that could have had an adverse effect, it did on one of you, and you are all fine with this?"

"Yep. We've been learning magic worse than this for over a year," Hermione shrugged, showing off the slightly reckless side she hid from adults. "Besides, it's not like we were clueless on how to handle the allergy this time."

"This time?" Snape's glare froze the teens in place. "Care to explain what you mean by this time?"

"Well, one of the first spells we tried was this Indian healing spell that breaks a fever. When it was my turn to practice it, the spell sort of backfired." Ron rubbed at the back of his neck sheepishly. "I ended up getting a really bad fever. Harry and Hermione forced me to sit in freezing cold water while they looked up reversal and purification spells. They eventually found the one we use now and it works really well to stop the effects of dark magic! Hermione thinks that it was created by Slytherin's son!"

Before the adults could scold them for their recklessness, a barn owl swooped out of nowhere and dropped a letter into Harry's lap. The owl left as they cracked the seal. The letter was an official invite for the trio to have Harry's and Neville's combined birthday party at the Longbottom Estate, something that the teens were excited about while the adults were hesitant.

Sirius, Remus, and Snape knew from experience how Dowager Longbottom could be. Which means that Sirius would have to push the etiquette lesson forward to get the three ready. Despite this, they didn't want to ruin the excitement that the three were feeling at such a simple invitation. It took Snape only a few minutes to realize that Harry had probably never had a proper birthday.

"I understand Remus and the Mutt needing to attend, but could I possibly skip this little soiree?" Harry's grin was sharp and showed too many teeth for comfort as they responded.

"Nope! You've been adopted as one of my honorary godfathers! Which means you'll be going with us!" The rest of the room burst into laughter as Snape put his head in his hands, clearly regretting his life decisions that led him to this moment. "It's alright! I'm not too cruel, we can fake you needing to leave half way through for a potion or something."

The rest of the afternoon was spent with Sirius and Remus trying to teach three social anarchist teenagers proper pureblood manners, so they do not get beheaded by an angry Dowager Longbottom. The three were also forced to learn how to dance, though watching Sirius force Snape to waltz with him was definitely going to be fueling Harry's patronus for some time. When the day of the party finally arrived, the teens were ready for anything that would be thrown at them.