How Dumbledore Almost Insulted Two Different Races

The time leading up to the arrival of the other two schools went by both extremely fast and agonizingly slow. The teachers had herded all of the students out onto the grounds to wait for the other schools: Durmstrang and Beauxbatons. This was after a half day of classes as well as, for many of them, almost being beheaded with a broom by Filch. All in all, many of the students wanted nothing more than a snack and a nap. Despite all of this, the students milled around, talking excitedly about the guests.

Loud shouting erupted from the crowd as a baby blue carriage pulled by flying horses, Abraxan, appeared over the Forbidden Forest. The landing was a little shaky, but the first of the two schools had arrived. Out of the carriage stepped a very tall woman, she had to be at least 8 feet tall, followed by well dressed girls and boys. These students were dressed in the same baby blue color as the carriage and stood uniformly in two straight lines.

The second school arrived a few minutes later by boat, or rather, a massive ship that rose from the Black Lake. They quickly anchored near the short pier and disembarked. The headmaster was an oily man with a short goatee and shifty eyes. All of them wore heavy fur coats and fur hats.

Dumbledore decided to welcome both schools at once, which was already rather rude, but not unsalvageable. No, the issues came when addressing the students. It was clear that the old man had not done his research into creatures and their cultures. Many of the Beauxbaton students had fair creature blood: veela, fae, and aasimon. Meanwhile, the Durmstrang students had large amounts of dark creature blood: vampyre, werewolf, and daemon.

The old man addressed the Beauxbaton students with far too much familiarity than was socially acceptable within their culture. Then had the nerve to do the opposite with the Durmstrang students, also culturally inappropriate. Harry and Ron were both trying not to walk over and slap the idiot for his obvious bigotry and how it reflected onto the rest of the school. Without missing a beat, Harry broke off from the crowd of students to introduce themself and Hogwarts properly.

"My name is Harry, I use they/them pronouns, and I, as well as the rest of the student body, welcome you to Hogwarts. We hope to make friends among you and your peers." Harry bowed lowly to the boy and girl leading their respective lines for Beauxbaton. They then turned to the Durmstrang students, took a step towards the boy who seemed to be in charge of the others, who was obviously a vampyre given the red eyes and lack of immediate bloodlust, before lowering their head and offering their wrist. "It is a pleasure to welcome you to Hogwarts properly."

The boy, Viktor Krum was the name passed between students in hushed whispers, stepped forward with a confident aura surrounding him, and grabbed their wrist. The whispers grew very alarmed, and a few teachers stepped forward, when he flashed them a fanged smile. Krum placed a small kiss onto the inside of the wrist before releasing their hand and stepping back.

"Thank you for the lovely greeting. Not many people know our proper greetings."

"One of my best friends wants to become a creature advocate and the other has probably read every book at Hogwarts by now. And I just enjoy reading about different cultures and traditions."

The Hogwarts teachers began to usher everyone into the school and straight to the Great Hall. The two visiting schools were taken to different rooms, they had presentations they had practiced to introduce themselves. Once all of the houses were settled and the teachers in their places, the show began.

The Beauxbaton students performed a dance: a grace filled ballet with girls and boys who seemed to float slightly every time they did a jump or leap. With every shake of delicate shoulders beautiful blue butterflies erupted around them. Madam Maxime, the headmistress, walked slowly up to the teacher's table, received a kiss on the hand from Dumbledore, and sat at one end of the table. The students sat at the Ravenclaw table.

Next was Durmstrang, these students burst in with flames glowing around them. Staffs sparked against the ground as many of the students, girls and boys, displayed their strength. One boy and one girl performed a series of flips and cartwheels before landing and breathed out plumes of fire. Headmaster Karkaroff led Viktor Krum up the aisle and to the teachers where he locked arms with Dumbledore before moving to sit. These students sat at the Slytherin table, all except for Krum, who sat down across from Harry.

"A warm welcome to our esteemed guests! And now, dinner!"

If the Hogwarts elves worked hard on a normal day, then they must have done overtime to be able to serve the massive amounts of food at this feast. There were normal dishes as well as different ones from France and Bulgaria. Along with good food came good conversation.

"What is this dish?" Viktor, as he insisted on being called, asked confusedly at a dish that smelled strongly of animal blood.

"Oh! That's called Black Pudding! It's a recipe cultivated in Ireland," Harry answered easily, enjoying their own food. "It's rather good, but I prefer shepherd's pie."

Much of dinner went like this, Viktor asking what something is and Harry explaining. All of this happened while Neville fought with himself. He had to stop himself multiple times from trying to get Viktor away from Harry. Something in his chest ached and growled at how close the vampyre got to them. Still, he didn't want to ruin the fun, so he ignored the ever increasing feelings.

Once the last bit of dessert was cleared away, Dumbledore stood to give his normal beginning of the year speech, which was widely ignored from Gryffindor house. Finally, the students were supposed to return to their common rooms. Not that it happened.

It started with one of the younger years, a second year pureblood, who walked right up to the Slytherin table to talk to one of the kids they had made friends with on the train before their sorting. After that, the Hall was chaotic as Gryffindor house was nearly completely split up to visit with old friends, siblings, and rivals in different houses. It was time for the stupid house rivalry to die!

Plans for huge sleep overs were made in the span of five minutes within every single house's commons. Not even the two other schools were exempt, their students were invited to stay in any of the dorms they chose. The teachers could only watch on as good will and relations were formed between the three schools and the four houses.

"Potter! I would like to extend an invitation to you and your... friends," Draco forced out, clearly uncomfortable with asking. At least he was trying.

"We already have plans in the Gryffindor commons, but how about you come stay with us?"

"Very well, I suppose I can deal with red and gold for one night."

"Great! Just get what you need from your dorm and meet up at the portrait of the Fat Lady, it'll be propped open."

The Hall once again erupted into chaos as students rushed to gather supplies for their sudden sleep overs. For the first time in a great many years, there would be no fighting among the houses. Everyone was determined to make the most of the night and to have fun. No one could stop the 'Hogwarts Revolution' at this point, even if they tried.