Care To Dance Monsieur?

The girls, and Ron, had all gone to get ready at four in the afternoon. Most of the boys made stupid jokes about them needing hours to get ready, Harry knew how much work went into their makeup, outfits, and hair. They had made a promise to themselves to compliment every one of the girls since the others clearly didn't appreciate them. Since the ball started at seven, Harry went upstairs to get ready at five, which gave them plenty of time to shower, braid their hair, and get dressed.

A black dress shirt with leaf buttons, green corset vest carefully laced and tightened, forest green dress pants, black robes with green detailing that looked like creeping vines, and black socks and dress shoes made up their formal wear for the night. Their hair, which had grown out quite a bit in two years, was carefully braided into a princess braid. A necklace of black braided cord with a snake charm was added with matching earrings; Sirius had taken them to get their ears pierced over the summer as a treat for being number three in marks.

"Hey Harry, have you seen my tie? I thought I put it in th-"

Neville cut himself off, stumbling over air when he caught sight of Harry. He went bright red while stuttering, trying to finish his sentence. Harry merely grinned and grabbed the boy's tie from off the bed post where he had placed it. Tossing it to him, they turned to check their hair one last time before moving down to the commons. It took a few minutes for Nev to follow, but eventually they both were waiting for their respective dates.

"Well Mx. Potter, I must say you clean up nicely! I'm swooning!" Ron's teasing got their attention as the boy walked down the Girl's dorm stairs; which had allowed him to get ready. He wore the black dress with a faux fox fur shawl, he was borrowing it from Padma Patil, and black wedge heels, Lavender Brown's.

"What can I say? I'm a natural flirt!"

"Honestly, you two flirt more than the couples!" Hermione was laughing while watching as the two pretended to make out. "Let's get to the Great Hall!"

Hermione wore a pale blue dress with blue heels. Her hair had been tamed and curled with expert precision. She had chosen the butterfly necklace and earrings Harry had gotten her for Christmas the year before and a ribbon bracelet that Ron had made in first year. The last bit of jewelry she had on was a dainty silver circlet encrusted with small sapphires that Sirius had given her.

Neville and Ginny brought up the end of their group. Neville in black dress pants, a white shirt, and black tie. Ginny in a red floor length gown with black heels and a black ribbon necklace. The two wore matching black leather bracelets that Neville had made for their entire group.

"We need the champions ready to go out onto the floor and perform the first dance!" Mcgonagall stepped over to the group where Harry and Krum stood with their dates. "Hurry now, we're already behind schedule!"

"You guys ready for what is guaranteed to be the most annoying part of our night?"

"Let us get this over with."

The four champions with their respective dates lined up before stepping into the room gracefully. The four pairs walked to the middle of the large dancefloor as the music began. Despite a bit of fumbling, Harry and Ron managed to find a good rhythm as they danced. Of course there was laughter when Harry was the one picked up instead of Ron, but the boy was taller even without the wedges!

More couples moved onto the floor as the dance went on. Dumbledore and Mcgonagall moved past them. Then Hagrid and Madame Maxime spun nearby. Hermione and Krum moved past, talking quietly as they moved. Thankfully the dance ended soon after and they could sit down and eat dinner.

"So, what are your electives like at Beauxbatons?" Harry asked, wanting to see what school they should enter after this year ended. "Do you have different general classes than Hogwarts?"

"We have all of your general classes, but we also take a foreign language, physical defense, and etiquette classes. Our electives are very diverse, but I can ask Madam for the list if you would like?"

"That would be fantastic! Viktor, could I also get one from your headmaster? I won't be returning to Hogwarts next year and I want to check out my options for finishing school."

"I'll check with Karkaroff to see. He may not allow me to give it to you."

The conversation flowed into different topics while they enjoyed dinner, which had been ordered off a small menu sitting on their plates. Harry and Ron had made it their mission to get Fleur to laugh, as her date, Roger Davies, was caught in the Veela Allure and could barely make a coherent sentence. Everytime Davies stared at her, the two would start batting their eyelashes at her and pretending to play coy.

About the time the music started back up, the soft lulling instruments switched out for the Weird Sisters, was when the two finally got the French girl to laugh. She had looked over to the band as they set up. When she had turned back to the table Harry was staring at her while Ron was half an inch next to Harry's face, staring at them. The ridiculousness of it had her laughing, gaining the attention of everyone else in the Great Hall.

Once the music started back up, the entire friend group joined up to dance together. They took up a small corner of the dancefloor by themselves. It wasn't weird to see them switch partners halfway through a song just for the hell of it. The rest of the night the group rarely left the floor for anything other than drinks. All too soon, the Ball had to end.

"We're gonna slow things down for our last song," the lead singer announced as the others began to play.

"It was a pleasure attending the ball with all of you!"

"Of course. We'll see you again after the holidays. I'm leaving tomorrow to spend time with my godfathers."

They finished their goodnights before stumbling off to their respective dorms. Ginny, Hermione, and Ron had ditched the heels and were padding along barefoot. Harry had loosened the corset vest they wore and Neville had undone his tie. The four didn't really talk as they walked back to the common, though they couldn't help but laugh a few times when they caught each other's eyes.

They all went straight to bed once they reached the Gryffindor dorms. Neville and Ron changed into their pajamas and crashed while Harry took a quick shower. They climbed into bed, ready to sleep for the next week, but knowing they had to wake up early to go home. With a happy sigh, they dropped off to sleep.