Ron Will Never Wax His Legs Again!

Injured or not, Sirius deserved the pillow to the face he got from Harry. He had immediately started cracking jokes when they had come to complain about the stupidity of a Yule Ball that they were required to attend. Remus sat to the side, not helping either of the idiots while they desperately fought over the pillow.

"I don't even know who to ask! I am not going with a girl and most of the guys are straight, or pretending to be!" Harry complained once they and Sirius had calmed down.

"Why not ask Neville?"

"He's taking Ginny as friends. Nearly had a heart attack trying to explain himself to Ron."

"Go with Ron! Both of you know how to dance and you've danced together before."

Harry perked up, a sly grin taking over their face. They ignored the twin looks of dread on their guardians face as they plotted. Despite this, the three enjoyed the hour they spent together before Harry was pushed out of the infirmary and ordered to eat supper.

It was a supper that their plan for mischief would commence. It had already been quite some time since the announcement for the Yule Ball, meaning the damn thing was happening in three days, so most people had already been asked. Still, Harry needed a 'date' and what better way to ask their best friend than by being super over-dramatic and making a scene! As soon as dessert was cleared from the tables and before anyone could leave, Harry sprang into action!

"Ronaldo Buford Wesley," Harry kneeled as if they were proposing while purposefully butchering his name. "Will you attend the Yule Ball with me?"

Ron took this in stride, he had to be able to keep up with his two adrenaline junkie best friends somehow, and pretended to swoon. He could hear a lot of laughing as well as many complaints while he debated whether or not to kick Harry for trying to embarrass him, but ultimately decided to throw caution to the wind.

"Well you did kneel and everything. I suppose I could give you the honor of escorting me. But you're helping me wax my legs! I want to look stunning in my dress!"

With a flip of his hair, not that he had enough to actually do a hair flip, Ron flounced out of the Great Hall, leaving Harry wheezing with laughter. They soon managed to stumble their way to the commons with Hermione, Neville, and Luna in tow. Draco had been invited, but had declined with the excuse of homework.

True to his word, Ron dragged all of them up the stairs to help him wax his legs. He had fully decided on wearing a dress for the sole purpose of mortifying Percy. Though now that he was wearing a dress he needed to pick a color that matched both his hair and skin tone.

"Stop being a big baby and hold still!" Hermione griped at the boy who was desperately trying to move away from the girl. "It doesn't even hurt that bad, so stop complaining!"

"Ready? On one, two-" Harry ripped one of the wax strips off earning a startled screech from the boy. Hermione pulled the strip she was holding directly after. Both were trying not to laugh while Ron screamed into the pillows on his bed. Luna and Neville were both lying on Harry's bed watching the show.

"I'm never doing anything nice for you ever again Harry Lily Potter!"

"I mean, at least you respected the name change!" Harry yanked another wax strip, earning another shriek. "Besides, we could probably convince Seamus to wax his legs too?"

Neville shot up with a wicked grin and dashed out of the room to go get Seamus. When he returned dragging the boy in tow, he practically shoved him towards Harry and Hermione before returning to lounging with Luna. Hermione didn't give the poor Irish boy a chance to refuse, merely shoving him onto the bed and telling him to roll up his pant legs.

"Why would I do that?"

"Don't you want to prove you're the toughest guy in Gryffindor? Or are you a little bitch?"

Harry had barely even finished their sentence when Seamus started rolling up the cuffs of his pant legs. Soon the Irish boy was also screaming in pain as Hermione and Harry waxed their legs while having a pleasant conversation about ancient runes and arithmancy. Finally, the two pulled the last wax strip off of the boys. The second the two stepped back, the boys struggled to get away from them.

Harry just shook their head and moved to sit with Neville and Luna. They merely sat and listened while Luna explained what a Krumple Horned Snorkack would eat and where it would live. As much as they would talk with people, they loved to merely sit and listen to their friends about something they are passionate about.

At about ten, Hermione practically dragged Luna to the girl's dorm for a sleep-over while the boys slowly got ready for bed. The mindless chatter that filled the room was comforting while they all changed clothes and brushed their teeth. Once they were all in bed and had said goodnight, they closed their hangings and dropped off to sleep.

The next morning was a scramble to get up and ready for the last day of classes before Christmas break. Many of the students, Harry included, would be going home after the Yule Ball, but until then they had classes and robe shopping. They all had to get through one last day of classes and then they were free!

"Harry!" Draco rushed over to the Ravenclaw table, the group was having breakfast with Luna today, and plopped down in the seat in front of them. "Go robe shopping with me tomorrow! Please? I'll help find dress robes for you that actually look nice!"

"Alright, but I reserve the right to veto anything I don't like!"

The blond merely flashed a smile before dashing back to the Slytherin table. The students of the visiting schools had breakfast and classes in their respective dorms. The friend group, including Viktor, had decided to hang out after classes ended.

The first class of the day was Transfiguration where they were changing guinea fowl to a guinea pig. Hermione and Harry had already managed the spell, but were struggling to get it to change back. Ron and Neville were working together to figure out what they did wrong with their half-transfigured fowl. By the end of class Harry had managed to reverse their transfiguration and had been showing Hermione how while Neville and Ron managed to get the first half done.

Next was potions class where they were working on pepper-up potions for the infirmary. They had sat through the lecture on the potion's creation and the brewing process in their last potions class. Harry paired with Neville as they had for the entire year. The potion wasn't especially hard to brew, just time consuming.

The last class of the day after lunch was runes for Harry and Hermione, Ron and Neville had Muggle Studies at this time. They were working on making lock boxes using rune clusters. Of course they were not told which runes to use, that was up to them. Hermione was trying to use a few of the basic runes to create a password lock sort of thing. Harry on the other hand chose to go to an extreme, as they often do. They were combining a great many runes to give their box a slight sentience. The hand of glory incident before second year and Ron's COMC book last year had been their inspiration for this.

Finally, classes were finished for the day. They all met up near the Great Hall before going outside to have a snowball fight. For the rest of the day, the group acted like children, running around in the snow for hours before going inside for dinner and hot chocolate. They were going to have a very busy next few days.