Dumbledore About to Catch Snape's Hands

The welcoming feast went well enough, Harry met Colin Creevey's younger brother who they promised to keep an eye out for. They had roast, mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner. They sat through the chatter of what happened over the summer, the escape of Sirius Black, and the usual whisper about themself. Though no one was expecting the hufflepuff.

A little firstie hufflepuff walked right up to Harry, her jaw set, and eyes shining with a fierce determination. She grabbed a small notepad from her robe pockets, as well as a pen, before shoving the items towards them. Harry assumed it was because they were 'the chosen one, savior of the wizarding world'. They were wrong.

"I watched your youtube channel with my older sister and she wanted me to get your autograph. She was really upset that she couldn't go to Hogwarts with me, so I want to give this to her for Christmas!"

"Of course! If you ask Collin Creevey really nicely, he might take a picture of both of us and you can give that to your big sister too!" Harry signed their signature, a spidery HP, before handing it back to the starstruck little girl and patted her head. "Now, back to your table, we don't want any children going hungry."

Harry made sure that she was back at her table eating happily before finishing their own meal. Dessert was quiet, they had treacle tart, one of their favorite treats, and sat enjoying the lower murmur of voices surrounding them. Ron and Hermione were stopping people from breaking their peaceful air. Of course, no one was expecting the small letter to appear on their empty plate 'inviting' them to the headmaster's office after dinner.

Harry's eye began to twitch as they handed Hermione the note. They started to take deep breaths, trying to calm down before they accidentally eviscerated the headmaster. Ron was also passed the note. The two played damage control when Harry slipped off after dinner for their meeting. They managed to get all the way to the office and was standing outside the door listening to Snape and someone else yell at Dumbledore.

"So you want to send the boy, a child, back to an abusive environment because of wards? The boy is more likely to die from his relative's treatment than anything you-know-who would throw at him!"

"Come now Severus, I'm sure they are not as bad as Harry makes out. He probably over exaggerated perfectly normal punishments."

Harry opened the door and stepped inside, face a mask of indifference except for their eyes, which seemed to glow with their anger. They ignored the affronted look at their lack of knocking from Dumbledore as they threw themselves in a chair. Flashing a lazy grin at Snape as they made themselves comfortable in the overstuffed armchair beside Professor Lupin's.

"No, do continue! I mean, it's not like I have hundreds of scars from the Dursleys. Or the fact I have had panic attacks from memories of what they've done. I'm short genetically, obviously, because it's not like they shoved me in a cupboard under the stairs since my parents were both taller than average! So please, continue!"

"My dear boy, there is no need to lie! You will be going back to -"

"First, I am not your boy. Second, if you try to send me back to that house, I will traumatize my relatives to the point that they either never return or they kill me. And if they do kill me, then you get to explain to the entire wizarding world why their savior was killed by muggles! Now, Professor Snape clearly wants to yell at you more and I have classes in the morning, so I'll be going back to the dorms now."

Harry left the room with a smirk as Snape's raised voice echoed through the hall as they left. They stopped outside the door, whipped out their phone, and snapped a picture of them throwing up a peace sign. They then made their way to the gryffindor dorms, humming and skipping the entire way.