Harry James Potter! When I Get My Hands On You!

The next day led to Harry dancing around the kitchen, making breakfast, with Snuffles hopping at their heels. Loud, swing music blasted from their phone speaker as they made American biscuits and gravy from a recipe online. Harry refused to allow their panic attack the day before to ruin their summer without the Dursleys. They danced around joyously as they checked the recipe to make sure they had it perfect before plating the food, sneaking a bowl to Sirius, and setting the table for breakfast for themself and Snape.

Snape was already sitting at the table, nursing a cup of coffee, and reading the day's Daily prophet. Harry set the food in front of both of them before sitting down to eat. The food turned out perfectly! Sausage gravy over fluffy white crumpets, or biscuits as the Americans' called them. They love to try new recipes, the Dursleys had never allowed them to experiment, only ever telling them to make specific meals.

Snape eventually set down his paper, casting a questioning glance at them when he saw what was for breakfast, before eating. Breakfast was filled with an air of contentment. After finishing their food, Harry stood and collected their dishes to wash up, before moving to tend to the gardens. The chore had originally been a punishment, but after watching as the seeds they planted took root and grew to be lovely flowers, gardening became one of Harry's favorite things to do at the Dursley house.

Weeding took the most time, as there was small weeds that blended in with the newly planted flowers, but they saw it as one of the most rewarding. Seeing the pile of pulled weeds as proof of their hard work gave them the greatest feeling of success. They loved sitting in the sun, allowing their mind to wander, and work on the garden throughout the day. After the weeding was watering the plants, enough for each plant without drowning them, every plant needed a different amount of water.

Harry got to work with a gentle smile on their face, tending the garden happily as the sun warmed them. They had the entire garden looking perfect within a half hour and went inside to make lunch. Today was a foreign food day, apparently, they looked up a new recipe for soup dumplings. They had heard about them while watching an anime that was recommended to them. They would need to pop into the shop to gather the remaining ingredients though.

"Professor, I'm going to the shop! I should be back soon." Harry didn't wait for an answer, just grabbing their money pouch and walking out the door, barely keeping their balance as Sirius rushed past. The day was hot, but there was a lovely breeze that cooled them. Overall, a wonderful day for a walk.

Arriving at the store, Snuffles pouted when he was told to stay outside while they shopped. The shop was nearly dead, only a few old people getting groceries and the teenage cashier with dyed green hair. They scooped up a small basket and began to get the necessary ingredients. They grabbed some soy sauce, mushrooms, sesame oil, and sake. They had to search for the dumpling wrappers and then for chicken stock. It didn't take long to get everything and head to check-out.

"Cash?"

"Yes, Um, I just wanted to say I really like your hair. It's really cool!" Harry flashed a small grin while grabbing the money out of their pouch. Noticing some beef jerky, they tossed that into the pile as a treat for himself and Snuffles.

"Thanks! I dig the messy hair and glasses!" The two continued their idle chat while they checked out before Harry gathered their bags and began their walk home with Snuffles on their heels. They made it back to the house without incident and got through the front door easily.

"Harry James Potter! When I get a hold of you! I said keep a video journal not expose the Wizarding world to the muggles!"