Dog Drool Is So Hard To Wash Out

The entire Great Hall was silent. Every student and teacher was pouring over an evening edition of the Daily Prophet. Some looked completely outraged while others seemed scared. It wasn't how they had thought dinner would be. Harry, ever the brave Gryffindor, walked up to Seamus to see what everyone was so engulfed in. A large picture of Sirius Black caused them to pause for a second before reading over the boy's shoulder.

Sirius Black; An Innocent Man?

Written by: Rita Skeeter

Dear Readers, I have had the honor to watch the reparations for a miscarriage of Justice today! An emergency trial was called this morning concerning the escaped prisoner: Sirius Black. The caller, Miss Amelia Bones, had been given new evidence on his conviction!

Everyone knows about what happened that terrible Halloween night nearly 13 years ago, or do we? The entire world was under the assumption that Black sold out the Potters to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Today we have discovered this to be false!

Now readers, I am sure you are just as rabid for the truth as I was; the truth is that it was Peter Pettigrew (more info on page 4) who betrayed the Potters that night! He had been hiding as a pet rat for 13 years while an innocent man was left in Azkaban! It was also discovered that Mr. Black, the heir to the Black name, never received a trial!

Mr. Black was administered Veritaserum and told the entirety of the horrified trial goers what truly happened on Halloween Night 1981! Mr. Black had been set free with compensation for every year in Azkaban. The man of the hour says he is ready to see his Godson and Mate.

Harry couldn't help the excited shout, though stealing the paper from a shell-shocked Seamus was probably unnecessary. He showed it to the others, who were just as happy, well Neville noticed the excitement and decided to just go with it. The four found a spot at the table to discuss what they think happened during the trial.

The rest of the school slowly came back to themselves, talking animatedly about the news. Even the teachers were louder than normal, well except Snape, he just ignored everyone and ate his dinner in peace. Beside him was Lupin, who stared, horrified at the newspaper. Dinner seemed to go by slower yet faster at the same time.

After dessert, the students began to slowly filter out. Headmaster Dumbledore had left the room first, in what seemed to be a hurry. Snape had stalked down and was almost out of the Great Hall when a blur of black fur hit him. A large black dog was sitting on Snape's chest, drooling on the dour man, and looking far too proud of itself.

"Come get your mutt before I neuter him."

"Snuffles! Get off of professor Snape!" Harry was having trouble speaking as they fought to stay standing as they laughed. "Are you going to give me a hug or not?"

Snuffles turned into a human as he rushed forward to scoop Harry into a bear hug. The students and teachers stared as Sirius Black hugged the golden trio enthusiastically. Neville was also pulled into a hug, though he seemed to have just given up on fighting anyone who was friendly with Harry.

"Hello Mr. Grim! I'm Luna!" The adorable little blonde girl was bouncing on the balls of her feet, having run up to stand next to her best friend.

"Sirius Black!" Dumbledore and Mcgonagall were out of breath when they burst into the Great Hall having obviously chased the ex-convict here.