Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...

Harry and Sirius stood in the hallway to the front door having a silent yelling match as they panicked. No one was supposed to be there! Eventually, Sirius had changed into Snuffles and ran upstairs while they went to check the door. Standing on the front porch, looking as out of place as possible, was Professor Snape. Panic surged through Harry as they put a fake smile on their face and opened the door.

"Can I help you, professor?" Snape sneered at them as he swept into the house without invitation.

"Where are your relatives? Did you demand their lack of presence this summer?"

"My relatives left of their own accord. Did you need anything or did you decide to grace me with your presence this fine summer day?"
"The Headmaster was notified of the lack of your relatives. If they do not return, I am to stay here to watch over you."

Snape made himself comfortable, much to Harry's annoyance, in their chair and began reading a book on what they could only assume was potions. Taking a deep breath, they left the room to make tea. The repetitive motion of gathering the ingredients, putting the kettle on the hob, prepping the teacups, and waiting for the water to boil. It took a few minutes for him to realize that he had no idea how Snape drank his tea.

"Professor? How do you take your tea?"

"Strongly brewed with two sugars."

The tea was done within a few minutes and was served with handmade shortbread biscuits, speaking of which they needed to make some more this afternoon. It was at this point that Snuffles decided to make himself known. He padded down the stairs and went to sit on the couch next to Harry after a brief pause at the sight of Snape. The three ignored the others as they spent quiet time; Snape read his potions book, Sirius took a nap against Harry's leg, and Harry finished up the last of his summer work.

It was around 5:30 that Harry stood up and cleaned up his work, startling Sirius and gaining a raised eyebrow from Snape. They ignored both of them as they made their way into the kitchen to prepare supper: Harry was in the mood for steak and kidney pie, they hadn't had it or made it in at least a year, it was one of the more rare foods at Hogwarts. Getting it ready and into the oven took only a few minutes with how experienced they were at cooking.

"Where did you learn to cook? You relied almost purely on muscle memory to prepare supper."

"I've been cooking since I was about four or five. If I could reach the stove then I could earn my keep," Harry's voice had taken on a bitter tinge as they glared at the linoleum floor of the kitchen. "I've been expected to do every chore needed to keep this hellhole of a house running. Who the hell beats a fucking six year old for not mowing both the front and back yard? They were monsters who deserved the scare I gave them!"

Harry didn't give Snape the chance to reply as they brushed past and ran up the stairs to their room. They closed the door before sliding down to sit on the floor. They couldn't breath, their chest hurt, and their ears were ringing. Every time they tried to think, they were swept into memory after memory of the Dursley's. They could vaguely hear a banging sound and feel the door be pushed open. A frantic Snape had dragged them into his lap in an attempt to calm them. It took quite a few minutes for Harry's breathing to even out before they passed out from exhaustion on Snape.