A Dogmatic Reunion

"What were you thinking? You have barely been released and you had no way of knowing if the children knew! You could have caused mass panic!"

"With all due respect Professor Mcgonagall," Harry interrupted at the sight of the guilt on Sirius's face; "shut up. Literally everyone knew! You're scolding him for something that could have happened, which wouldn't considering half of us would have shot a spell or two before he could get more than a few feet inside! Or do you believe all your student s to be incompetent of defending themselves and others?"

"Mr. Potter!"

"Mx. Potter! I have already told you this!"

Sirius had perked up considerably at Harry defending him, but quickly grew angry at the misgendering. His godchild had apparently already told Mcgonagall that they wanted to go by Mx and not Mr, but she wasn't listening. He wasn't going to allow her to get away with that, even if she was a friend.

"Minnie, scold me all you like, I don't really care, but do not misgender my godchild again. Harry has made it more than clear that they go by they/them pronouns. I may not understand pronouns completely, but at least I respect them."

By now it was quite clear that Dumbledore was losing control of the situation and decided to butt in. Though Harry was glaring at the old man the entire time, knowing full well he couldn't keep his bent nose out of every situation. The old man stood up, fully prepared to start some disappointed lecture, but was cut off before he could start by the door swinging open violently.

Remus Lupin stood in the doorway, breathing rather heavily from running, with eyes of molten gold. He had barely been able to see his mate before the man had been frog marched to the headmaster's office with Harry being dragged along. You'll have to excuse the man, but he had been without his mate and pup for twelve years. He was across the room and pulling Sirius into a tight hug before anyone could say anything.

"As lovely as this is, care to explain why you, my professor, are acting so intimately with my godfather?" Their time with the Dursleys had made them suspicious of adults, especially those who had shown a lack of respect for personal boundaries before.

"Sorry, pup." Remus had the decency to look bashful. "Sirius is my mate. I should tell you...."

"I am already aware that you're a werewolf, Luna told me."

"Oh, um how did Miss Lovegood know this?" Lupin looked completely horrified at the thought that one of the students knew. "Actually, I'll discuss this with her later. Your parents made me an honorary godfather, I wanted you to know."

"Let me get this straight, I had a godfather that could have taken me in? I didn't have to go to the Dursleys?" Everything in the office had started shaking as Harry lost control of their anger. They whirled around to face Dumbledore, snarling; "I didn't have to deal with years of abuse! You stuck me with those monsters when I could have gone with him!"

"The ministry would never have allowed the savior of the wizarding world to stay with a werewolf."

Snape stepped into the room at Lupin's bitter remark. He sent a sharp look at Dumbledore before moving to stand beside Harry. He set his hand on their shoulder before clearing his throat to catch everyone's attention.

"Mx. Potter will be going to bed. This conversation can continue at a later date. Come along." Snape leads Harry back to the Gryffindor tower before going to speak to the two mutts about Harry's living situation.