Who Doesn't Love A Gender Identity Crisis?

A nice long shower later, Harry raced down the stairs to make breakfast and get Sirius ready to go. Sirius was still snoring, half-way off the couch, and slightly drooling. He made a full English breakfast: perfectly made bacon, over-easy eggs, grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms, baked beans, and buttered toast. He hand fed Aspen some of the raw bacon while he cooked. Sirius stumbled into the kitchen, following the scent of food, and collapsed into the nearest chair.

"I was planning to go to Diagon today, would you like to come along?" He gets a mumbled response he assumes to be a yes. "Alright, after breakfast get in the shower. You stink old man!"

After dodging a thrown tomato, Harry quickly finished his breakfast and ran back up the stairs to snag some muggle money from Dudley's piggy bank. He also grabbed the book from Hermione to read on the bus ride to London. Back down the stairs and into the living room to wait on Sirius. He dropped into what he dubbed as "his chair" and opened his light reading.

"In order to understand Gender Identity, one must know what Gender is and how it differs from Sex. Sex is the gender one is assigned at birth, while Gender is how one feels. Defining your gender identity can be a challenge for most teens and young adults. Some never feel comfortable with their gender identity.

"There are many options for people to choose from. Some people are Transgender and want to change from their AGAB to the gender that feels more comfortable.. Others are Gender fluid and change from feeling masculine to feminine to in-between to neither. And their is Nonbinary in which the person feels that they are neither male nor female nor in-between.

"Pronouns also come in a variety of options: she/her, he/him, they/them, and a ghost of neo-pronouns and mixtures of all of them. Many people will experiment using different pronouns throughout their lives. The easiest way to begin is to refer to oneself as each set in order to test which feels the best."

Harry thought about this. He/Him pronouns weren't terrible, but didn't feel quite right. On the other hand, She/Her definitely did not work. The book had a small appendix that listed many of the most popular neo-pronouns to try out! Nix/Nixself was shot down after some time; Ot/Otself was an immediate no; Zeh/Zemself wasn't bad, but not quite it. After skimming the neo-pronouns list three times, he decided to go back and try They/Them.

The shower had stopped by this point and Sirius had gone upstairs to steal some of Uncle Vernon's clothes. Harry decided on giving They/Them a try as it was the most comfortable in his mind. By now Sirius was standing in the living room, looking better after his shower, and ready to leave.

"We'll be taking the muggle bus to London, so be prepared to be bored;" Harry stood and crossed the room with sure steps. Sirius followed closely after becoming Snuffles the dog. The walk to the bus stop near the park was pleasant enough, but nothing pleasant ever lasts around Harry.

"If it isn't Potter! Did Auntie send you for groceries?" Piers Polkiss laughed as Dudley's friends surrounded them. "Where's Dudley? He wouldn't miss this for anything!"

"Dudley's not around anymore." They started swaying with the far away look again after a second of debating. If it worked on the Dursleys, it would definitely work on these idiots. "He got caught, I didn't."

"What the hell are you on about?"

"Run Rabbit, run rabbit, run, run , run!"

At this point, the boys were incredibly spooked and did not want to deal with whatever craziness Potter had. They ran off and Harry continued his walk with Sirius slowly following.