ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ » ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴏ

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒐 ━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐒 always meant stuffy air, fog machines, and the smell of alcohol and sweat mixing together. And for Grace, it meant fighting down stress before chugging down the first drink of the night, and the fighting off of drunken men hitting on her or her friends. This particular party was located in a cellar turned into a club, with bright lights flicking through the gloominess and a huge bar offering seats for twelve people.

Grace had her hair up in a messy updo, her body was hugged by a black dress that ended just above her knees. Her bare shoulders and arms were warmed by the coat she usually wore in the colder months, and her feet were once again hidden in sneakers, this time white Nike Air Force One's that Mai had frowned upon while clasping the strap of her heels around the ankle. But the young blonde had always despised high heels, and she would've rather worn a clown's costume to this club opening than walking around on those death traps all night. It was bad enough that she had promised to go; the blonde was not always in the mood to party.

The atmosphere inside the club was heated, the scent of strong booze reached the three women's noses as soon as they stepped inside. People were dancing, sitting in booths with chips and cocktails on the table, and waiting by the bar for new drinks. Loud laughing, accompanied by the strong bass of the music, had already echoed to the street, telling everyone what was going on inside. But the bouncer did not let just anyone through. As it turned out, you needed an invitation to be let in, which Mai had pulled out of her clutch with a smirk.

Linh had her best dress on, a dark green one that went all the way down to her ankles, but had a neckline so deep that Grace was afraid something would fall out while dancing. Of course, just like her big sister, Linh looked beautiful, her usually straight hair forced into some waves. She was in the best mood, which was admittedly contagious. By the time the three had their coats hung away by the check girl, even the slightly anxious Grace was smiling broadly, anticipating the moment she'd finally get her first cocktail. She knew that as soon as the first assignments would roll in, there was no way she would still agree to go out again, so she wanted to make this night extra fun.

"This is so cool," Linh let out impressed, her hand grasping Grace's in an attempt to not lose each other when weaseling through the crowd. Everyone had dressed up nicely, the women in short dresses and gorgeous pantsuits, the men in dress pants and button-ups.

"It's better than Jake had described," Mai let out in awe. Jake was the friend who got her the invite, a fellow student whose uncle was the owner of this new club.

"And you are still tryin' to tell us that he doesn't have a crush on you," Linh shouted to her sister with a laugh as they passed one of the giant speakers, "He invited no one else from NYU, just you."