ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ » ᴀ ʟɪᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴇxᴘᴏꜱᴇᴅ

A/N: Thank you so, so much for 200k reads <3 Now let's begin:

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆: 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄 to get out of the car eventually. The way back from the restaurant had been filled with soft kisses and him firmly grasping her thigh, the pad of his thumb rubbing over the fabric of her dress in circles, the both of them chuckling under their breath. When the car had halted by her dormitory building, she had almost suggested to instead go to his place. But then she had remembered James' intent of that night being nothing but a romantic date, and had swallowed down the words before they could start to tumble out of her mouth on accident.

Now, she was grinning until her cheeks cramped, biting her lip as her mind overflew with sweet memories of the dinner. How nice he had been, how effortlessly easy it felt. How he'd called her sweetheart like it hadn't been a huge deal. She almost didn't notice her phone buzzing and pinging in her purse.

"Linh," she answered the phone, "What's up?" 

She tried to sound as casual as she could, but no matter how hard she tried, the love struck grin was still very much audible to her best friend, who scoffed.

"I'm at your door," she revealed, "Aren't you home?"

Shit. Grace had passed on Linh's plan to go to the movies that night to instead go out with James, and had used the excuse of her period cramps being too painful today. She gulped, mindlessly running up to her floor with no words in her mind that would have explained just why she had lied to her best friend. She couldn't say she'd just been getting snacks at the store because of the lack of goodies she had with her and the overly pretty appearance she sported that day. In other words, there was no way Linh wouldn't know she had been on a date. 

"I'm so sorry," Grace blurted out, her calves hurting from how quickly she rushed up the staircase in her heels, "Shit, Linh, I'll be... right there..."

Out of breath, she eventually arrived at her floor, seeing Linh with a container of her favorite ice cream and a bag of chips, her hair up in a messy bun and her body hidden in a giant navy sweatshirt and gray sweatpants. Her left foot tapped a restless rhythm on the tiled floor of the hallway as she glared at her best friend approaching her wearing a body-con black dress and high heels. 

"Bad cramps, huh," Linh sarcastically let out as Grace came to a halt in front of her, the sound of her heels clicking on the floor echoing for a moment before silence fell over the dimly lit hallway.  The blonde gazed down at the chips and the ice cream that had already begun to collect condensation on the outside, creating little drops of water over the brand's logo. Looking back up at Linh's face, Grace found her lips in a straight, thin line, and her eyes narrowed, a crease appearing between her brows.