ᴛᴇɴ » ɴᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ʜɪꜱ ʙᴜꜱɪɴᴇꜱꜱ

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒏: 𝒏𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 ━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐔𝐒 at the beginning of the semester, returning to the Professor's office for the second time ever brought jitters to the young blonde's stomach as well. The last time had been a few weeks ago. The connected memories intensified the queasiness ultimately, but this time, it was about the same conversation every student had to endure: the grade and review for the first assignment were due.

"Have a seat, Grace," the brunet sighed as he plopped into his seat, getting the printed-out version of the assignment the young student had spent hours preparing. Up until that moment, she had a quite good feeling about the upcoming critique, but that changed when she saw the furrowed brow of the brunet on the opposite side of the table.

"Was it that bad?" she shyly asked when he just stared at her for some moments, her stomach flipping. She usually had good grades, she always had. Since elementary school, no assignment or exam had never been worse than a C. Professor Barnes shook his head.

"No, it was very good," he assured her, making her heart feel a thousand times lighter. Relief took over her body, and she was glad she could still score so high in the lecture taught by a man whom she tried to avoid at the moment. She let out a long sigh to signal just how relieved she was.

"I barely had any comments, actually," he continued after some silence, his gaze flicking over the printed words before sliding the paper back to her. "98%."

Surprised, Grace let out a gasp. She hadn't expected the grade to be that good.

"Oh," she gulped as she took the assignment back, skipping over the two pages that had a total of three comments written to them, in very sloppy handwriting that was hard to read. She glared up at her teacher again, one brow arched. He was looking over at her expectantly, his fingers absently playing with one of his four platinum rings.

"You were one of two students who achieved a grade higher than 90%," he added, nodding impressed.

"Cool", was all Grace managed to get out. Her glance was glued to his face, mesmerized by the clear blue of his eyes. Now it was him to arch a brow.

"I hope you'll keep that good work up," he flatly said. Grace nodded and subconsciously grasped so tight onto the paper it crumpled in her grip. Nervously, she got out of her seat and approached the door. Her clothes seemed to be too warm by now, her skin was burning underneath the sage-green button-up shirt and the black ripped jeans she wore that day. Maybe she'd even broken a sweat. Being alone with him again brought back memories she'd shoved into the very back of her brain.

"Wait, Grace," he suddenly broke the emerged silence. Abruptly, she halted in her path and turned around with wide eyes. Her heart pounded out of her chest as she waited for him to continue. The brunet sighed, his bright blue eyes piercing right through her.