ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ » ᴀᴅᴠɪᴄᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴘᴇᴛᴇʀ

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓: 𝒂𝒅𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓 ━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑, the day before the spookiest night of the year, the sun had taken over the autumn sky again. Grace sat in the foyer of the main building, waiting for Peter to finish his assignment so she could proofread. Her blonde hair up in a bun, she found herself unable to play with any loose strands like she usually did, so she scrolled through her phone, checking Instagram for new posts. The foyer was rather empty, given the fact that it was a Friday afternoon. Only three other students sat on the other side of the room, all with their noses in readings for some class. 

"I think I got it," Peter's voice ripped her out of her trance, keeping her from opening her mail app to check for new ones there, as well. She locked her phone and nodded.

"Nice," she smiled softly, "Lemme see."

Peter scooted his laptop over to her, and she scrolled to the very top to go through it. As intelligent as he was, he surely wasn't particularly good with words. So she scrolled through the seven pages he'd written slowly, going over his choice of words, grammar, and punctuation. Here and there, she corrected minor mistakes as she went on. 

After a few minutes, Peter seemed nervous. He kneaded his fingers, his eyes blankly staring into the air. Upon looking up, Grace arched a brow at the sight of this fidgety version of her friend. She'd never seen him so anxious, so absent-minded. Was it because of the assignment?

"Pete, it's not that bad. You've really improved," she assured him, gesturing to the laptop screen. The brunet, who had begun chewing his lip anxiously, turned his head toward her, a questioning look in his eyes.

"What?" He seemed confused as if she had just ripped him out of his thoughts. She cocked her head to the side, trying to understand his sudden change of mood.

"What's going on with you?" she eventually asked hesitantly, pushing the laptop away to show him that she was willing to give him her undivided attention for a moment. 

"Nothing. I mean, not nothing, but... I just― I... Can I ask you a question?"

Raising her brows, Grace nodded, mildly afraid of what he was about to ask.

"Sure, man, go ahead," she encouraged him, and he looked at his fidgeting fingers, gathering the courage to say his next words out loud.

"How do... How would you want to be asked out, I mean, as a girl? Woman. Female. I mean―"

Grace's laughter startled him, and he paused, staring at her with wide eyes. The blonde had immediately understood the question's background. How couldn't she? She'd been waiting on either of her friends to make a move that was more than just showing each other memes on Instagram or dancing with one another in the club.