ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ » ʟᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋ

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚: 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 ━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 both sat on James's couch, Grace in a shirt he had put on the cabinet in the bathroom while she had been in the shower. He had some grey sweats on, a white tee covered his toned chest and abdomen that she now knew the feel of―a sensation so soft and soothing that she couldn't wait to feel it again. He was on his phone, typing out some message while the blonde pulled a blanket over her bare legs, letting her gaze drift over the living room she'd barely had the chance to look at before. The framed photos on the wall quickly became her focus, but from the distance that she gazed at them from, the people on the pictures faded into a blurry mix of colors.

Eventually, she turned to James, who just locked his phone and put it to the side. His hair was messy from all the times she had her fingers combing through it, and she liked that he didn't try to fix it. The comfortable silence that had emerged broke when he turned in her direction, his expression instantly softening, an amused glint in his eyes.

"What?" he huffed, slight confusion threaded into his husky voice. Grace pressed her lips together and shook her head, biting back a smile.

"Nothing," she grinned, getting a strand of wet hair out of her sight, "I just thought about how nice this is."

"It is," he replied and winked at her. "Especially the first part of this."

"You mean where I abandoned my drunken friends at the club and left my best friend's birthday party for you?" she teasingly asked, knowing that if Mai knew the exact reason for why she'd left them, she would probably give a lecture about how wrong it was to sleep with one's teacher. Linh on the other hand would most likely high-five her best friend and never speak about that topic in public again, only to bombard Grace with detailed questions about everything the second they would be alone somewhere. This mental image made Grace smirk.

"The part after that," James said, having noticed the sarcasm in her question. He licked his lips and let one hand rest on her thigh, his palm running over the soft fiber of the blanket that separated his skin from hers.

"Oh, right," Grace joked, chuckling. The conversation was interrupted by the doorbell that echoed through the large apartment. Relieved, James sighed and got up.

"Food's here," he announced. He'd ordered some pizza for the two of them while she'd been in the shower. The young woman watched him walk to the door, faintly grinning upon realizing just how good he looked in those damn sweats. She then realized how natural all of this felt―the intimacy, the hanging out afterward, seeing him in sweats and a t-shirt instead of his usual button-up and jeans.

The thought made her gulp, for she wasn't sure if he felt the same way. After all, he'd only told her to stay to avoid having her go out in a short dress in such a neighborhood, right? It's not like he'd wanted her to stay... Unless—