ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ » ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

A/N: We're getting close to the end, guys, aaaahhh! Also, if you see this and haven't yet checked out my new CEO!Steve Rogers story, I highly recommend doing it! I'll start posting chapters there by the end of October.

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕: 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
━━━━━━━━━

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄 was sitting on James' couch, her arms crossed over the backrest, as she was watching him pour the popcorn into a bowl. She had gone home to change into something more comfortable before taking an Uber here, and was now wearing some white sweatpants and a tight, black long sleeve tucked into them. Her hair up in a bun, her cheeks still flushed from the shower of compliments and kisses James had welcomed her in his apartment with about twenty minutes ago, she waited impatiently for the second he would return to his place next to her on the sofa, so she could snuggle up against him. 

"So, any suggestions for a movie?" James asked, handing her the bowl of popcorn and setting down a cup of steaming hot tea on a coaster. "Here, I made you some hibiscus tea."

"Thank you," Grace smiled dreamily, waiting for him to sit down next to her, the remote in his hand now, before leaning forward, getting the tea, and eventually finding a rest against his buff chest. The mug warmed her clammy, cool hands perfectly, and she snuggled up further to him. He had gone with some gray sweats and a white hoodie that night, making the perfect cuddle partner for Grace. 

"I don't know," she eventually answered his initial question, "Pick anything."

"Sounds like you're not very confident there's going to be a lot of movie-watching tonight," James rasped in her ear, making her shudder. She angled up her legs and tilted her head up, seeing his face from underneath. Even from down there, he was beautiful. The beard was freshly trimmed, his cheekbones cast shadows onto his skin. 

"Maybe," she whispered up at him, reaching to place a soft peck against his jawline, making him sigh contently. One arm snaked around her shoulders and pressed her closer to him, while his free hand opened Netflix with the remote. A low chuckle rumbled through him.

"We'll see," he teased, "But we don't want a bad movie to ruin the mood, right?"

"Fair point," Grace faintly replied, turning back to the TV across from them. She nipped on her tea, almost burning her lips, and let James scroll through the selection on the starting page.

They ended up selecting a movie Grace had never heard of before, but James remembered his friend Sam to have deemed it as quite enjoyable. The main character, a young woman from California, was traveling Europe alone after college, making many new friends and meeting the love of her life halfway across the world. To most, it was merely a fun, summery film with a few drama and romance elements, set all over Europe. But to Grace, it was more.