ꜰᴏᴜʀ » ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ

𝒕𝒘 // 𝒔𝒆𝒙𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓: 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒖𝒆 ━━━━━━━━━

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓: 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒖𝒆
━━━━━━━━━

𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 a magic potion for Grace, making her more confident and extroverted somehow, which in this situation seemed like the perfect solution. Pretending she didn't recognize her history professor, she ordered the next round of drinks, her heart beating so hard she was afraid one might be able to see it dent her chest.

When she turned back, balancing four drinks on a tray, she briefly side-eyed him. His gaze was set on her, dark blue eyes appeared to pierce into her soul. Instantly, she felt the need to gulp down the knot that had formed in her throat. With his eyes glued to her delicate figure, she felt more exposed than ever. Like her dress had magically shortened and her neckline had lowered. Hot shivers bubbled over her burning skin. It was the utter attraction to him combined with the memory of her dream the other day that made her feel like she was about to faint.

Another quick look to the side told her that he was now staring at his empty glass. With wobbly legs, she quickly rushed back to the table, where Linh, Mai, and Jake were happy to receive new drinks, cheering loudly.

"You're pale as fuck right now," Linh realized, lowering her drink instantly. Grace had sat down next to Jake again, her sweaty palms twisting her glass around. She felt uneasy and wondered whether to tell her friends that professor Barnes was at this very club.

"She's right," Jake noticed, arching a brow. "Are you okay, Grace?"

Grace nodded faintly, her blonde hair escaping the already messy bun on her head in large strands. She quickly tugged one back behind her ear and took a swig of her drink.

"It's the crowd, isn't it," Linh concluded, "The proximity was worse than you'd thought."

With a quick nod, the blonde decided to just go with her best friend's assumption. It was a reasonable one anyway, so Grace felt confident it would never come up again. She wouldn't ever have to tell her friends that she felt like puking from just knowing that their history teacher was here as well.

The topic seemed to be over for the little group, and Grace was thankful that the conversation now shifted to something way more interesting: Linh's date from the other night. Unlike her big sister, the petite Viet had plenty of acquaintances, dating around the campus happily. It should be noted that it was not more than that 80% of the time; not more than a date that didn't get the chance to repeat itself. Mai had always been very happy about the fact that her baby sister didn't bring her dates home too often.