part twenty-two.

"So."

"So."

After a short date eating Indian take-out in Seb's suite, they now didn't really have any idea on what to do.  They would go out, but it was summer, and layers, hats, and other things to cover up their identities weren't really practical.  

Sebastian decided to put his head on his hand and stare into her eyes across the small, round table.  She smiled and mirrored him.  

"We could watch one of your movies," offered Mel.

Sebastian cringed. "One of my movies?"

"Sure," she said.  "I bought a couple."

"You don't need to buy my movies, you have me in real life!"

Mel shrugged.  "I don't know,  maybe movie you is better," she smiled.  

"Ha, ha," said Seb sarcastically.

They ended up watching The Apparition, which Melanie had bought, but not watched yet.  It was jump-scary.  They both jumped often, even if Sebastian knew what was going to happen.  He tried to give her warnings when he could, but he hadn't seen the movie in a while.  Melanie cried when Sebastian's character died.

"Hey, Mel, I'm right here, you know," he said to her at the end of the movie.  "I didn't die."

"I know," she said, smiling through her puffy face.  "Just - Ben was my favorite."

"I figured," he said.  "So, what now?"

"Well, I can't go home and go to bed," said Mel.  "Not after that."

"I didn't think so," he said.  "What do you want to do?"

"I go a bunch of photos this week on set," she said.  "Maybe once you're confirmed to be in the movie I'll post them," she said.

"You had to delete that first one you posted, the one of me and James, didn't you?"

"Good thing not many people saw it before I did," she said. 

"Well, many people did."

"Not Kevin Feige," said Melanie. "That's all that matters."

"But the Russos did."

"They weren't mean about it," she said.  "I just have to make sure to avoid that in the future.  You're already rumored to be in the movie anyway.

"That's true.  And when you said you'll post the photos... you want to go back on Instagram?"

"I've been thinking about it, actually.  Took me a lot to work it up, but yeah, I do.  I've been thinking about it, y'know, and I just figured I have two choices: keep my life a secret and extremely private forever, or let the press say whatever they want to say."

Sebastian smiled at her.  "Exactly," he said.  "They're going to say stuff either way.  That's what they do, that's what they're paid for."

"All I have to decide is if I'm going to pay any mind to it."

"And are you?"

"I'll try not to," she said.  "I always wonder how you do it, you know."

"I guess I just think, I can't stop them, without going completely out of the public eye, so I might as well just leave them be. You know, maybe if I don't do anything interesting, if I'm just living a nice life, maybe they'll leave me alone. "

"You want to have a life with me?"

"Of course," he said. "Whatever the tabloids say, it doesn't mean anything.  People are always going to be like that.  You just have to pay attention to the ones that support you."

Melanie smiled. 

a.n.:

hello, this was short but honestly cute

i don't know when I'll end this story, but i think that once there isn't much of a plot anymore I'll make it mainly social media

so maybe it'll never end hehe 

it's honestly such a comfort story to write

don't forget to vote!

molly :)