part fifty-one.

"Sebastian!" called Melanie, from the bathroom.  She was holding her hair up with one hand and had the other reaching behind her back, trying to tug at the zipper of a blue dress.

Sebastian ran in.

"Need help?" he asked her, stopping behind her.

"Yes please," she replied, taking her other hand away from the dress's zipper and holding her hair higher instead.  Sebastian pulled the zipper upward.  Melanie turned around to face him. She had done her hair and makeup, and now she only had to put her shoes on and go.

"You look amazing," he said.  "I'd say let's take a picture, but I'm in pajamas."

Melanie laughed a little.  "You're still cute," she said.

"You excited for your girl's night?"

"Oh, extremely.  We're going to talk about you and all the boys. I got Macy to come, as well."

"And Chris is still going?" asked Seb with a smile.

"Chris is still going," said Melanie. The statement made Seb chuckle. 

"I don't know why I can't go, then."

"You're different," she said. "You're my boyfriend. Chris is, like, a single lady."

Sebastian laughed.  Melanie went further into their hotel room and put her shoes on.  She put her phone into her purse, and was ready to go.

"Have fun," he said to her. He gave her a short kiss at the doorway.

"I love you," she said.

"Love you, too," he replied.  Melanie gave one last smile and wave, then went outside to meet her taxi, which took her to the bar.

— —

It was dark and loud at the bar.  That was good, though.  Even if it was a rather exclusive place, it was much better if people couldn't see the celebrities' faces.  They were just trying to have their night out— they didn't need any interruptions.  Besides, it was gossip time; they didn't want anyone hearing what they were saying.

"So, Mel, how's Sebastian?" asked Scarlett.

"Sebastian's good," said Melanie suspiciously.  She took another sip of her tequila and tonic.  "Why?"

"You guys have been together for so long!" she said.

"Yeah, when's the wedding?"  said Chris.  Elizabeth nodded at the statement, smiling.

"Wedding?" Melanie laughed a little. "We just said I love you."

"I was not informed about that!" exclaimed Lizzie. "When was this?"

"You haven't seen the I love you's on the comments in my posts?"

"I just followed you!"

"You know, I don't even think I got details on that," said Chris. "He told me when he knew he loved you, just before an interview, actually. How did that go, anyway?"

"He came home two days early," began Melanie.  "He called me and told me to open the door, and he was standing there. It was a surprise. And I was so surprised, because I had really missed him.  And then right then and there he just kissed me— and, well, I told him that I loved him, and then he said it back, then I said it back, and then we made out some more, and then—"

"Going to stop you there," said Macy.

"Oversharing," said Melanie. "It's a drunk me thing." She laughed.

"That's so sweet though," said Scarlett. "You two are quite literally the model couple."

"Aw, Scarlett."

"His birthday's coming up," said Chris. "What are you guys doing?"

"I have no idea, actually.  There's been so much going on that I haven't even thought about it."

"I'd say you should go on vacation," said Lizzie. She now lowered her voice to a whisper, "but filming for Captain America is still going on."

"Exactly," said Melanie.  "You know, maybe I'll just give him a really nice night."

They all laughed.

"We really are gossip girls," said Macy.

"And Chris," said Melanie.

"The gossip girls and Chris," repeated Lizzie, looking at Evans. "It doesn't have much of a ring to it."

Melanie shrugged. "We'll work on it."

Just then the DJ started playing a fast paced electro-pop song, one that got all five of the tipsy friends bopping to the music.  They looked at each other and nodded, grabbing their drinks and heading onto the floor.

The night lasted a while once they really got into the place.  Even so, they still weren't noticed.  All four girls got a chance to dance with Chris, who happily obliged to picking them up and dipping them and showing off to all the other people in the bar. They would go back to get more drinks after a while— all five switching to beers after realizing the other drinks weren't as easy to hold while dancing as beer bottles were. 

The night lasted until eleven thirty, and after much drinking and dancing and loads of talking, all five caught their taxi's and Ubers and went home for the night.

a.n.:

hello!! omg marriage who??? this is my first chapter of them even talking abt it

the gossip girls and chris™️

ily all, don't forget to vote!!

molly, who is literally Obsessed™️ with ms marvel