Chapter 10

Chapter 10

'Everything in life takes work.'  Kate recalled the dream she'd had earlier and the words Matt had spoken before he'd left her all those years ago.  'Someday you might be glad I told you that.'  

This was that day, Kate knew.

She grasped the comb in her hands beneath the bed sheet covering her body as if it was a dagger while walking downstairs.  When the time was right, she would use it to hurt the man ahead of her, her kidnapper.  She didn't just want to hurt him, though.  Kate actually wanted to murder Todd Delozier.  For what he had done to both her and his own father, he didn't deserve to live.

But Kate hadn't ever hurt someone, much less kill a person.  She would have to strategize be bolder than ever before.

They reached the den and Kate made sure to sit pretty close to Todd on the couch.  She needed him to be in direct range.  An easy target.

Todd turned to gaze at her.  Her appearance was haphazard and tired, but all he saw was utter beauty.  "So, my darling, how are you feeling?  Any better?"

Remembering her hangover and the evidence that he had raped her caused her jaw to tighten.  "A little," she lied.

"That's good.  That's very good."  He raised a finger, as if he'd suddenly thought of something important.  "You wanted to talk.  Please do.  Tell me anything that's on your mind."

His kindness was sickening.  It was also creepy.  After everything that had transpired between them, the fact that he could act like some flirtatious caring admirer was mind boggling.  "Well," Kate began, wracking her brain for what to talk about.  Wait, maybe if I bring up last night, his description of it will give me time to prepare for what I'm going to do to him.  "I don't remember much from last night...  Could you tell me what happened?"  She was proud of the fact that she could muster up an innocent facade.

Todd's eyes gleamed.  "Yes, of course!"  He was delighted to tell her about their glorious night together.  "After I brought you upstairs from the basement, we shared wine in the den.  Well, it was mostly you drinking, actually."  He chuckled while recalling her drunken state.  "It was an expensive bottle of Merlot and you nearly drank the entire bottle.  It wasn't a problem, though.  No, you were such a good girl..  You deserved to drink as much as you wanted.  And my, did you want it."

An intense, dreamy glaze entered his eyes as he remembered the point at which they'd gone upstairs.  "I'd never seen you act like that before, Katie.  You were so sexy...  I had to have you," he whispered.  "I carried you upstairs to my bedroom.  And then I made love to you on our bed.  It was.. incredible."  Todd found that his heart was beginning to pound with desire just thinking about it.  "I can never get enough of you."  

Kate hadn't really been listening until that last line.  His husky statement caused sudden panic to sweep through her.  He's planning on raping me again.  Right now.  Oh shit..  

The plan she'd come up with while he was telling his story seemed pretty useless if he were to suddenly attack her in the next moment.  

Her plan had involved asking him to get her some water from the kitchen and then stabbing him with the comb when his back was turned.  But that obviously wasn't going to happen, not when he was looking like a crazed animal beside her.

I'll just have to-..  Before she could finish her thought, he spoke.

"Katie, baby, I want you to stand up now," Todd instructed softly.  "I want you to stand up and remove the sheet from your body.  I need to see you..."  His breathing was deep.  She looked completely dumbstruck by his simple request.  "Come on, Katie, model for me."