Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Kate.. Kate... Kate," Todd whispered again and again while walking quickly. He had to be on the lookout, both for his Katie and for the people who had just tried to destroy their love.

They would not succeed, not now and not ever. Todd was sure of that much.

------- 

Kate was fleeing for her life. She was also thinking of everything that had happened. I wasn't in my right mind back there. I don't love Todd. What was I thinking?! 

But also, Those people, the one Todd shot and the others who ran away... Who were they? Were they trying to save me? Maybe they are here to save me! But Todd has successfully scared them away. Oh, how I wish they'd come back for me...

Perhaps it would do her good to yell for whoever was out there. She couldn't hear anything behind her, so Todd had to be a long way off. "H- Help!" she cried while still running. "If somebody's out there, please come out! My name is Kate Watson and I'm the girl who's been kidnapped!" She was looking every which way while continuing the run. "B- but be careful! The man who kidnapped me is armed and dangerous!"

Hopefully that wouldn't scare whoever was out there away, but Kate knew she had to warn them. "If you have a weapon, it'd be good to have it out and ready!"

"Kate!"

Kate heard a woman's voice, and the voice was actually yelling her name...

Is this for real? Kate felt herself come to a complete stop.

"Kate!" Apparently it was real, because there it was again. It was getting closer...

"Mom?" Kate suddenly recognized that voice. It was the voice of her own mother! "Mom!"

And that's when Kate saw her, and others also, including her father. "Mom! Dad!"

"We're here, honey," she heard her father yell out from his distance. They were certainly getting closer now. Kate could see them clearly.

"Thank God," Kate whispered, still barely believing this could actually be real. They've found me.. Finally...

Then-.. Unexpectedly, Kate felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her. One arm was tight against her arms and torso, and the other...

She felt a gun pointed against her temple.

"T- Todd," Kate choked out, her eyes turning towards him. Her heart was pounding so hard that she felt dizzy. "No, p- please no.." 

"Come any closer and I swear to God I'll kill her," Todd threatened with piercing, psychotic rage.

"You're mine," he whispered so that only Kate could hear. " Just wait 'til I get you alone. You're gonna be punished so bad for this..." 

Her worst fear had just become reality. Shit. Shit, shit, shit! And now I've endangered the people I love!

"Go, just go!" Kate desperately yelled towards her parents and the others. A few guns were aimed at her and Todd. "Get out of here!"

Kate felt Todd's arm tighten around her. The gun wedged into her temple with more force. But she wasn't focused on that. Her attention was fully focused on the people in the distance. They weren't leaving! But they were slowly lowering their weapons. "What are you doing?! Leave!"

"That's right," Todd whispered again, just to her. "Tell them to go. That's the way, my naughty Katie."

He was such a sick bastard... But, he was also a damn genius.. I should have known I could never get away with this. I shouldn't have yelled for people to come to my rescue. 

The reality of the situation struck. Kate knew she couldn't win, even with the crowd of people who were trying to save her. Todd would be in the way, always. There's no way out of this, her mind whispered hopelessly.

I'm going to be kidnapped all over again. Somebody else is going to be killed. And it's all because of my selfishness...

That's when a gun shot rang through the air.

------- 

Uh oh...

(Sorry for the short update, but there's more to come soon!)

Thanks for reading.

-Lauren