Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Mr. Delozier, please-"

"Call me Todd," he interrupted.

"T- Todd, please don't do this-"

"Oh, but I must," he again interrupted. "You see, Katie, you've given me no choice."

Before she could say another word, Todd closed the distance between them, his hands outstretched towards her.

--

Kate rolled right off the bed.

Her eyes flew open at the sudden pain that swept through her body.

After a few seconds of wincing and groaning, she sat up. "Ow." She looked around half expecting he would be there.

But, of course, it was only herself in the bedroom. Muttering several curse words under her breath, Kate stood and sighed at the disaster her bed sheets had become. "What a dream.."

Her eyes glanced at the clock on her bedside table. Well, at least it was a little later than the morning before when she'd woken up due to the same reason. In fact, it seemed pointless to attempt to fall asleep again.

Kate made her bed and trudged to the kitchen to prepare a bowl of cereal and a cup of strong coffee.

-------

Todd didn't know how much more of this he could take. He was just returning home from his late night ride to Kate's apartment and, instead of feeling satisfied, he just felt antsy. He yearned to take her right out of that shabby apartment and into his arms.

Oh, how cruel life was... His eyes glared down the hall towards his father's bedroom. That decrepit, pathetic excuse for a man was the cause of his problems! If his father were out of the picture, he and Kate could live a happy life together, alone. Kate wouldn't have to worry about caretaking constantly. It would be such a relief for her.

He'd been mulling over his options a lot lately.

Being the cause of his father's death seemed to be the only solution to his problems. Could he really kill the man who had raised him, though? Not that he'd done a good, or even fair job of raising him... Todd remembered the abuse he'd endured. How could he forget? Perhaps his wretched father could get Alzheimer's and forget everything, but that fact only caused Todd to despise him more.

So why had he even volunteered to take care of him in the first place? Two years before, it had seemed like a brilliant idea...

Todd remembered the first time he saw Kate and spoke to her two and half years before, and he remembered his first reaction. Want, need, obsession. Those feelings had immediately taken over. She was just so beautiful.

Back then she'd been a waitress at a local restaurant Todd visited occasionally. And well, let's just say he decided to visit a lot more after that first encounter.

Even though they didn't speak much, Todd's infatuation continued to grow and so did his need to take care of her. Waitressing wasn't the job for her. It wasn't good enough.

So Todd had come up with the perfect idea. His father was developing Alzheimer's and needed someone to look after him. Having him move in and having Kate become his caretaker seemed ideal. Todd would get to see her on a daily basis and silently gush over the fact that she was in his home, and his father would have a caretaker, which he desperately needed. It was a win-win situation.

But the obligation Todd used to feel towards his father was quickly fading into nothing. I don't owe him anything... His new idea was looking better and better.

He walked down the hall towards the bedroom, his father's snores getting louder.

It would be simple, really. Suffocation. Todd would use a pillow. Then, when Kate arrived in the morning and found him dead, she would need comfort. She would think he needed comfort, as well, since he was the old man's son.

So appealing...

Todd opened the bedroom door and peered in at his father who was fast asleep. A pillow over the mouth and nose actually seemed like a fairly peaceful way to die. He went to the closet and found the object he was looking for.

A sort of murderous rage was consuming his entire body. My father deserves this... He neared the bed, pillow in hand. He deserves it!

He was standing right over him now.

It would be a quick process. A minute at most..

1.. 2..

Todd couldn't let himself pause or get second thoughts.

3!

He forced the pillow on his father's face and held it. There wasn't much resistance.

And then it was over.

Nathan Delozier was dead.

At last.

-------

Pretty sick and twisted.. I hope you will stick with me.

Please leave a review! Thanks :-)

-Lauren