Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Todd was in front of Kate in the next moment placing his hands on her either of her shoulders. He stared down into her new, trusting eyes. "Yes, Katie, yes. You are mine. You finally see." His voice was husky with desire.

That tone would have, before three minutes ago, repulsed her and made her cringe. But not anymore. Kate felt as if she was truly seeing for the first time. And it felt good, right. It felt easy. He wasn't scary, after all. Todd was the 'good guy'. 

"I want you so bad right now," he whispered, his hands moving up from her shoulders to cup her lower jawline. Without hesitation, he leaned down and kissed her fully. She didn't resist. Instead, she responded.

If she was teasing, she would pay dearly... It didn't seem like she was, though.

Kate was moving even closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and letting out little whimpers of need. She'd finally given in and let go. It was everything he ever wanted. "I love you," he breathed against her.

"I love you, too."

"Of course you do." Todd's lips urgently claimed hers again. He kissed her lips, her cheeks, her neck... All he wanted was to take her, right there in the deserted woods. Nobody was around. They were alone with only their need for more.

But... "We need to keep moving, Katie." Todd reluctantly backed away from her, his eyes never leaving her face. He needed to know that this was as real for her as it was for him. She had deceived him before.. Who's to say she wasn't doing that now?

"But.. do we have to?"

That small, shy, dreamy tone was all Todd needed to hear. All signs told him that she wasn't faking it. His Katie had finally come around. She was his completely. "I would like nothing more than to make love to you right here, right now.." She didn't look the least bit surprised and there wasn't dread in her eyes. It was very tempting.

He sighed, not wanting to resist but knowing he had to. "Even though just the sight of you makes it hard, we have to wait."

Kate nodded. "Whatever you think is best."

Todd wasn't accustomed to such obedience from her, but he'd wanted it so many times now that it was easy to get used to. "Come, Katie."

They walked forward, hand in hand.

------- 

The car's Vehicle Identification Number clearly indicated that it belonged to Todd Delozier. And by the looks of it, the car had only been idle for a few hours. They were closer than they'd ever been.

Chad felt a moment of optimism as he viewed the first signs of hope in Beth and David Watson.

"They haven't gotten too far," Chad told them reassuringly. 

Beth and David were hopeful but nervous as they nodded.

"Let's spread out," Chad then said loudly. The team of policemen, leashed dogs, detectives, and volunteers separated into several small groups, and the manhunt began.

------- 

Todd had one thing on his mind, and that was to get to a safe stopping point in order to fulfill his current need. Looking over at Kate for at least the tenth time, she still appeared to be on the same page.

But would that change?

No. It couldn't. He wouldn't let it. All of his pent up desire wasn't about to be messed with...by anyone.

Todd was well aware that news of the gas station incident had undoubtedly spread quickly. Chances were, there was already a team of people looking for them. Todd could only imagine the headlines on news networks across the country. 

Kidnapper/Killer Strikes Again

Oh yeah, that was probably one of many headlines. Todd's eyes closed momentarily as they continued walking.

All he wanted was peace.

He just wanted to be alone with the love of his life without interference. Over and over again, his plans had fallen through. First by his father, then by the 'old Kate', then by the public... 

But now he had hope. With Kate finally seeing reason, perhaps they could start fresh, without any interference.

However, if his nagging concern of being found were to actually come true, Todd knew he would have to 'strike', yet again.

As he'd vowed before, no one was going to separate him from his Katie. Her words of love echoed in his mind again and again. He was deliriously happy and he'd be damned if that was going to be taken away from him.

I've been forced to make some sacrifices to take what I want, but I am a good man. The little piece of heaven beside me proves it. I deserve this.

------- 

Happy Halloween Week! Sorry it's taken a while for an update. I seem to get writer's block with this story quite frequently...

So, is Kate's submission a 'trick' or a 'treat'? Hehehe

-Lauren