Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Mom!  Dad!"  Kate ran towards her parents eager to feel their warm, comforting embraces again.

Her mother received the first hug.  "Oh Kate, we've been worried sick!  Where have you been?"

Her father was the first to mention her appearance.  "Kate, what happened to you?"

Kate didn't answer.  She couldn't because one- she couldn't remember, and two- she didn't want to remember.  "Can we just... stay like this for a while?"

"We need to know what happened to you, Katie."

She froze when she heard the familiar nickname.  "'K- Katie'?"  

The memories then came crashing back all at once.  Kate's eyes filled with tears and pure horror.  "I- I was kidnapped!  I was kidnapped by To-"

A male's dark chuckle suddenly filled the air, ringing in her ears.

-- 

Kate awoke with a start and froze instinctively, her eyes turning every which way.  She was surrounded by nothingness.  She was in total darkness.  Complete silent darkness.

That was when it hit her- pain.  Her entire body felt like it'd been hit by a truck.  And she was lying on a cold floor... naked.  The bed sheet from what seemed like long ago was gone now.  There was a foul stench in the air.

A wave of coldness came over her.  Kate trembled and attempted to sit up, but that came as more of a struggle than she thought it would.  "I have to get out of here," she whispered.  Memories of what had occurred at the gas station were coming back, along with the last memory she had- being grabbed by Todd.  She remembered now... 

"You can't leave, Kate."

She shrieked in surprise, all thoughts being tossed from her brain.  She definitely recognizing that voice...  

His words were followed by a sort of shuffling sound.  Kate was aware of the fact that he was coming closer, so she scooted the opposite way.  "P- please-"

"Please?"  Todd's tone was icy as he slowly moved towards her.  "Please what?"

"Don't hurt me-" 

"Don't hurt you?  Like you hurt me?"  He was standing over her trembling body now.  "Hmmm?"

His voice was very close.  Kate's heart felt like it would explode out of her chest.  "Could you.. turn on a light?"

"Switching subjects on me, huh?"  Todd smirked in the darkness.  "Fine."  He moved to a far wall and flicked a switch.

A bright overhead light came on and Kate flinched, her eyes closing.  When she was able to focus again, what her eyes first saw caused her to let out a blood curdling scream.  

In the center of the room lay a human head!  And it wasn't just any head...  It was the decaying head of Nathan Delozier..

Kate felt bile rising in her throat.  She now knew what the smell was coming from.  "Oh God..."

Todd crossed his arms allowing the image to sink into her mind.  He wasn't in the mood to toy with her.  "Oh God, indeed," he repeated softly.  "Funny that you're bringing God into this situation..  I'm sure you wish He could get you out of this, aren't you?"  His glaring eyes stared down at her, and when she didn't answer quickly enough, he shouted, "Aren't you?"

"Yes," she choked out while still staring at Nathan's head.  If there was one thing worse than looking at it, it would be to look at Todd.  

Kate could sense a difference in him.  Todd no longer seemed to want to play.  It didn't seem possible to persuade him with charm anymore.  He was now a violent threat.

"Fantastic," Todd continued with a frown.  "I'm glad you want God's help.  It makes it that much more satisfying for me.  Because you're not going to get God's help.  You're not going to get help from anyone.  And Kate, you're not going to get away from me again."  

His eyes took in her bruised body before noticing that she was doing nothing but looking at his father's head.  Todd growled with jealousy before turning and kicking the head away into the next room, as if it were a sport.  He barely heard her gasp and was on his knees in front of her in the next second.  He took hold of her head with both hands, forcing her to look at him.  "I want your full attention!"  

He gripped her head tighter.  "I'm the only person here, do you get that?  You'll look at me and only me!  If there comes a time when you're not looking at me, it'll be for one of two reasons.  One, because you're asleep, or two, because you've been a little bitch.  And I expect you're still planning on being a little bitch, aren't you?"  When she didn't answer immediately, Todd slapped her hard across the face.  "Aren't you, damn it?"

Kate's eyes were stunned and stinging.  Trying to think clearly, she could only shake her head in the negative.  He was completely insane and completely intent on torturing her for the rest of her life.. but who knew how long that would be... 

Todd sighed and loosened his grip somewhat.  "I know that's another lie, Kate...  You can't fool me anymore.  I won't let you."

Silence filled the room again.  "Did you hear that, Kate," he finally asked.  "Did you hear that sound?  Yeah, it was amazing, wasn't it?  Just the sound of us breathing.  I like that..."  He stood.  "Now let's get up."  He lifted her up off the floor.

Kate felt like moaning from the amount of pain she was in.  A nervous question emerged.  "Did you.. r- rape me again," she asked helplessly.

A wicked smirk reached his face and he nodded.  "Interesting that our minds are on the same page."  Todd watched as she opened her mouth to speak, but before she could get a word out, he threw her over his shoulder and began walking out of the room.  "Punishment for you, pleasure for me.  I believe that's fair."

She could only scream and struggle and look around for any sort of weapon.  It was obvious that she, in her weakened state, wasn't going to succeed in getting the hell away from him without some sort of assistance.

But then something struck her as she continued to look around.  We're not in the same place as before...  I've never been here..  He's taken us to a new house.

An even crueler thought hit her then.  If we're not in the Delozier house, then nobody will be able to find me.  Nobody will know where to look.  Oh God... 

I'm so sorry for the long wait.  School, getting married, and moving have been taking up most of my time.  I've also had some major writer's block.  I hope you can forgive me.

If you can forgive me, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.  I know it was short, but I really wanted to update and this was the best I could do.  I will try to update soon!  Thank you to everyone who's reading :-D

-Lauren