Chapter 3- Detention

I am so sorry for the late update!!! Please forgive me! Thank you for my new fans! I hope you will comment about these chapters so that I can improve more. Thank you! 

I would like to dedicate this chapter to 

nicki23

Hope you like it!

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3- Detention

Trish's POV

I don't know why I am crying right now. I already knew even before that he likes Alexis, b-but how can I not feel sad if the guy I love doesn't love me back? What hurts the most is that I am his best friend, and I am going to see him every day with Alexis. Who knows, one day he might not be my friend anymore if Alexis would lure him into not talking to me.

Ugh! Enough with these emotional thoughts. I can't do anything about it as of this moment. Right now, what's important is that I will be able to cover up for this absent and detention, or else, I might not be able to maintain my scholarship. 

It seems that my only option right now is to agree with Josh. He can help me delete my detention and absent mark from my permanent record. Another advantage is that he can tutor me with Physics.

I can't believe this! I am actually seeking help from the biggest jerk in Winford! What's worse, he is the one tutoring me. How great! 

Hmm... I only have ten minutes left till detention so I better go there early before I get another detention for being late. As I was walking towards the detention room, I saw Josh about to enter the room with a smirk. 

When I entered the room I sat down in the far end of the room where Josh is far from me. I can hear him calling me quietly, so that he won't wake up the teacher in charge. I ignored him because I still can't decide about his offer.

Then suddenly he sat on top of my desk.

"Hey babe! What happen to you a while ago? You just ran away and I wasn't able to get your answer." he said.

“First, my name is Trish, not babe. Second, it is none of your business." I said as a matter of factly.

"What's the third?" 

"I don't know? Why do I have to add a third one?"

"Because, it is usually three, it just doesn't seem right when it is just two."

"OC much!" I shouted.

"Shh....You might wake up Mr. Anderson!" He whispered. "So, what do you think of the plan?"

"I don't like to pretend as the girlfriend of the biggest jerk in this school!"

"Ouch! You have hurt my feelings." He said sarcastically while putting his hand on his chest.

He then place one finger in my cheeks and rub it softly, which honestly feels so good, but I have to stop him. His offer seems fine, I'll get many benefits such as the following: my problem with Physics will be lessen; My school record will remain clean; I will be able to maintain my scholarship, and in some way, even though it is foolish, I might be able to make Nathan jealous.

"Don't touch me. Fine! I'll agree with your proposal, but on one condition."

"What is it then?"

"You can't be the boss of me. I can say no if I want to."

"That depends, but I will respect your condition." he said.

"But..."

"Ah! No buts, it is a deal! Meet you in my house tonight for your first Physics lesson." after he said this, the bell immediately rang, so I ran outside the detention room, or who knows what I can think about if I'll stay there for a longer time. There is just something in Josh that I find him attractive. Maybe that is the reason why there are many girls who are very willing to throw themselves at him. 

When I was already outside the room, I was stunned to see Nathan and Alexis making out near the locker area. 

Once again, I felt like I was shot by a big canon ball right now. It is like de javu. I was about to cry but then I suddenly felt someone's arms around me. I was about to turn around but then the person suddenly muttered something which made me realize that it was Josh.

"Don't, it's okay. I know that you like Nathan for a long time. I can see it in you. That is also one reason why I asked you to pretend as my girlfriend. I can help you with him. I know it hurts but please be strong." he said softly.

While hearing these words, I can feel like he wasn't the Josh that I really know. Maybe he isn't so bad after all. This side of him is the side which I wanted to meet. The side which I have never seen before. Maybe if I will take time to understand him, I might see his true self.

Who knows, maybe he isn't the biggest jerk after all. After thinking of these thoughts, I suddenly felt a little better. 

"See you later. Stay strong!" He whispered in my ear, which causes me to shiver. Then he released me and went straight to his car.

"See you later." I muttered to myself. When he removed his arms, I felt bare and empty. I would never forget that moment. Maybe we can be friends after all. 

I’m sorry for the short chapter.  What do you think of Josh now?

Team Josh or Team Nathan?

Let me know! Don’t forget to VOTE and Comment!!!!

Please read my other stories too like “A Second Chance to Win Your Heart!”

<3