Chapter 17- What Deal?

Hey guys, thank you so much for all of your feedbacks. I was really surprised to see the votes. I have written chapter 18 before I have written this chapter 16 and 17. I have no idea how long this chapter will be I just hope you guys will continue to read and support this story. 

By the way, has anyone of you wondered what happened between Trisha and Josh? I mean, they met on chapter 15 and then chapter 16 is all about Nathan’s POV. Anyone curious what happened to Josh and Trisha outside?

<--Vote…comment…fan…like...please and thank you!

______________________________________________________________________________

Previously:

I turned to Trisha waiting for her to greet me, but she just smiled at me when she noticed that I was looking. I wanted to talk to her so bad. I wanted to tell her I’m sorry and I wanted to ask her about these. I don’t know what’s happening. I feel like we are growing apart from each other.

“Okay ladies and gentleman! We are about to begin with our games to make this party even better. I suggest all the couples there to move here in the center.” The host announced.

“Josh, Trisha, go. You will enjoy it. I’m sure.” Mrs. Williams suggested.

I saw Trisha and Josh looked at each other and then I saw Trisha nodded.

How can she agree to that? Oh right, because she’s his fiancé!

“Nathan, why don’t you get Alexis so that you guys can join too.” Mr. Carter suggested.

I just nodded and went to Alexis’ direction.

************

Chapter 17- What Deal?

*Trish’s POV*

I followed Josh on the center of the stage. I still don’t know how to react about this matter. I mean yeah we’ve talked about it but it’s Josh. Wow, this world is really small. It’s kinda nice that I was engaged to him and not to some random stranger who might be unlikable to even too proud or someone who is too full of himself.

At least, it won’t be harder for me to get along with him since we were technically ‘dating’. I guess this is easier for both of us. It’s funny that I am about to play a game for couples with him. I never imagined myself joining these kinds of events and wearing this kind of clothes. Wow, I should be getting used to this now. School’s about to start and I think this news about our engagement is not meant to be a secret.

For sure Alexis or someone will leak that information out and Josh and I have to bear with the people’s comments. Ugh…I will be noticeable now. Being invisible is what I’m good at, and now, I will be one of the center of the attention. They will no longer treat me cruelly because I am now one of them. What surprises me is that according to mom, we are actually as rich as Josh’s family. Which means, I am richer than most of the students in my school.

What a great change! I am not really fascinated about the riches because they are just earthly materials, but you can’t blame me if I wanted people to treat me differently. My life in Winford was not really that pleasant and now because of this I think my senior year will change. I just hope that it would change for the better.

“Hey, are you alright?” Josh asked worriedly.

I looked up to meet his eyes and replied, “Yes, don’t worry. I’m fine. I’m just thinking about something.”

“Okay. I just hope you’re not worrying too much about this.” He said.

“No, it’s fine. This is better.” I replied.