Chapter 23- Don't worry I'm here...

PLEASE READ MY NEW STORY "A SECOND CHANCE TO WIN YOUR HEART"

Chapter 23- Don't worry I'm here...

*Trish's POV*

I brushed the thought that both Josh and I are going to share one bathroom together. I guess I just have to keep my things very well. It is really embarrassing to share a bathroom with a guy. There are some stuff that are not for the opposite gender to see.

Josh was still asleep during lunch so I didn’t bother to wake him up. Mr. Carter and Mrs. Branch offered me to join them to go to one of their rest houses, but I refused. I didn’t want to leave Josh after what he did for me. It’s a good thing Alexis is not here. I don’t have the time to talk to her or to face her yet.

Since Josh was still asleep during lunch time, I didn’t cook lunch for him anymore; but instead, I chose to cook him dinner. His parents mentioned that they won’t be coming home for dinner and I don’t know anything about Alexis; so I guess it will only be Josh and I inside this whole house. It’s funny that the maids are on a day-off today.

I opened the kitchen cabinet to search for some ingredients. When I have all the ingredients that I needed, I started to cook. I don’t know Josh’s favourite food so I decided to cook different kinds of food for him. I started steaming the rice in the rice cooker. While waiting for the rice, I started cooking grilled chicken breast. I added some more pepper and salt to make it tastier. After that, I also decided to make beef casserole and mushroom soup. I don’t know if Josh will love these kinds of food, but that’s all I can make from the ingredients. I also made some onion rings in case he likes them.

I prepared everything on the table and I suddenly felt the urge to pee. I’m so sorry for my rudeness. I was not familiar with this house yet, so the only washroom I know was the one inside my room. I quickly ran upstairs and rushed inside my room. I didn’t even noticed if I have disturbed Josh from his sleep. I quickly opened the bathroom door and I was very shock to see Josh with nothing on except the towel that was wrapped around his waist. He was wet. I guessed he just came out from the shower and I could tell that he was also shocked at my sudden appearance. h

“I’m so sorry!” I screamed while covering my eyes. I knew that sharing one bathroom was not a good idea. This was one of the awkward things that could happen. Why didn’t he lock the door!

“I-It’s okay. I’ll leave now. You can use the bathroom.” He said while moving outside. I think he was shy too.

I quickly did my thing and then when I went outside I was glad that Josh was already fully dressed. He sat on his bed drying his hair.

“How’s your sleep?” I asked.

“It was great. I didn’t remember removing my shoes and using the blanket before I slept. Were you the one who remove my shoes?” he asked looking at me with his green eyes.

“Ah, yes. I did.” I replied. I was lost in his eyes. It never happened to me before…

“Thanks!” he thanked me.

“It’s nothing. Your dad and stepmother aren’t here. They said they’ll come home tomorrow. I don’t have any idea where Alexis is, and I think the maids are all on a day-off.” I informed him.

“Ah, yeah because it’s the second Sunday of the month. We usually allow them to have a day off work on the second. Sunday of the month. We are usually not here, but since it’s your first night here, I decided to stay.” Josh admitted.

Sometimes, he is really a sweet guy. As the day passed by, he was becoming sweeter and sweeter. It’s like he was showing me the real Josh. The kind one and not the jerk that I’ve met at school. He has changed a lot.

I continued to think about his changes when I suddenly noticed Josh sniffing something. If you’re looking at him right now, you’ll definitely laugh.

“Did you cook something?” he asked.

Right! I forgot about that!

“Yeah, are you hungry? I figured that no one will cook for your dinner and I didn’t bother to wake you up because you really needed that rest so I decided to cook dinner for both of us. I don’t know if you’ll like what I’ve cooked though.” I said honestly.

“Wow, you’ve cooked for us! That’s great! I’m sure I’ll love it.” He exclaimed.

“Are you hungry?” I asked.

“Hell yeah! I think I’ve skipped lunch. My stomach was already growling a while ago.”

“Well, let’s go downstairs then…”

Josh followed me downstairs and he was very happy to see the food that I’ve cooked. It turned out, onion rings and grilled chicken breasts are his favourite. Wow, that was a lucky guess. I watched him happily as he devour the food. He must be really hungry. I’m glad he loved the food. We stayed there for almost an hour. We also talked about different stuffs. I never thought it was fun being with Josh Carter. Before, I thought he was a huge jerk, who doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

Spending time with him for quite a while made me realize he wasn’t a bad person after all. He was like Nathan. I hate to admit this, but there are times, he was actually better than him.

When we finished eating, the rain poured very hard. I quickly went upstairs to my room and plopped myself to the bed. I never like thunders. They were one of my fears. Usually, when there were thunderstorms, Aunt Monique allows me to stay in their house for the night, but I still couldn’t sleep because I was alone. When I was small, the only way I could sleep was when my mother would hug me and sing me to sleep.

I was really scared right now. I think it has been an hour since the storm started. I didn’t bother to disturb Josh even though he was just on the other side of the room. I know I was making some shrieking sounds but I hope I didn’t disturb his sleep. I don’t know why I’m still scared of this. I’ve been alone for a very long time and I don’t know how many thunderstorms have passed that I was left alone and yet I’m still scared.

I could feel my tears falling from my eyes. I couldn’t take it anymore. I’m really scared already. The thunder became louder and louder by the minute, and then I saw a big flash of light. Oh no, this means the thunder will be very loud! I was about to scream but somebody lay beside me and hugged me. I knew it was Josh. I immediately felt calm and relief when he embraced me. It’s like I wasn’t scared anymore.

“Shhh…Don’t shout. I’m here already. Don’t be afraid. Don’t cry too. I don’t want to see you cry.” He whispered quietly while brushing the tears away.

“Thanks. I’m really scared of the thunder and I’m sorry I’ve disturbed you.”

“No, silly. You didn’t disturb me. I could sleep beside you if you don’t mind.” He offered.

Usually if he said something like this, I would be angry; but I know that he was offering because he knew I was so scared. I also know that I needed him now. I don’t want to be alone ever again.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind.” After I said that, I heard another roar of thunder and I immediately grabbed Josh and hugged him tightly.

“Shh…It’s okay. You can hug me as long as you want if you’re scared. Just remember you’re not alone.” He said.

After he said that. I felt all the fear go away and I started to feel peaceful and safe and without me noticing, I already fell asleep…

_________________________________________________________________________

Aww…Josh is very sweet! Anyway did you like the chapter?