Chapter 28- After Party...

*Trish’s POV*

It’s only seven in the evening and yet there were a lot of people inside our house already. The party was already very active. People were now around the house and I could hear the music loud and clear. I just hope we don’t disturb the other houses. Josh and I decided to lock our bedroom to avoid people to go inside and do something.

Mr. Carter and Mrs. Branch were out having their pre-wedding party. They insisted that they will stay in the hotel overnight. I thought the pre-wedding parties like the stag party were for young man who will marry for the first time, but Josh’s father and Alexis’ Mom decided to bring back their old days through these parties.

They did remind us not to be too drunk in order to be able to wake up the next day for the wedding. Josh and Alexis were required to be at the venue three hours before the wedding.

I never attended high school parties before simply because I wasn’t invited in them, but now we are the hosts of this party. It’s surprising to see people around the house and most of them are making out. There were some who went in the bedroom. I don’t want to think what they were doing there.

Josh and his teammates were having a great time in the party. They turned the big living room into a big disco house. The lights were dim and there were different colors of lights flashing on and off. I could barely see where I was going but Josh never left my side.

Most of the kids here were wasted already and it’s only seven in the evening. I couldn’t believe there were at least five hours left before this party ends. Josh made it clear that they couldn’t stay after twelve since we will attend a wedding tomorrow.

We just moved around the house for almost two hours and let me tell you. This party is really going wild. There were a lot of people dancing in the middle of the living room and there were some playing inside the entertainment room. Josh banned me from drinking any alcohol. He said it wouldn’t do me any good.

Yeah right, and here he was drinking a lot of it. In his defence, he was use to it blah blah blah, josh invited me to dance and we both did. He was too happy tonight and I didn’t want to spoil his happiness. Nathan and I had a few talks but we ended up being disturbed by the witch, Alexis.

There were some drunken guys who tried to hit on me, but Josh made it clear that I was his. It’s really funny that he was half wasted yet he could still talk and walk normally. We continued to enjoy our time and when we were tired, we stayed inside the kitchen and rested for a while. There were only a few couples there since most of them are only going inside to get some boost.

“Hey, are you okay?” Josh asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine; but you don’t look okay.”

“I’m fine. I’m used to this.” He admitted.

“Well you seem really drunk.”

“No. I am not. You could try asking me questions and I could definitely answer you properly. If I’m not mistaken you still owe me a prize.”

Yup. He’s not drunk.

“Don’t worry a promise is a promise. You’ll receive a prize soon.”

“Okay. If you say so; I would be waiting for your prize; but I’ll go to the bathroom first and I’ll come back as soon as possible.”

This is the first time Josh left my side. I mean, I don’t blame him he has to pee. It’s not my right to tell him not to. I know that he knows that I don’t like parties that is why he never left my side. I really wonder what prize I will give him.  I was thinking about the prize quietly when one of Josh team mates offered me something to drink. I sniffed it and I knew it was alcohol. I refused it at first because I didn’t like alcohol, but they were being persistent and Josh wasn’t there to stop him from asking me; so I just took one sip.