The Siren's Song (Piratelock/MerJohn)

Hey you guys! I know, it's been a while since I've posted. I've got so much school work and college stuff that I've been doing. It's been insane! But here we go, got a new chapter up! ^-^ And I know... The ending is cheesy but I needed to just send this thing in already!!!! XD

        "All hands on deck!" Captain Holmes barked, stepping off the pedestal he stood on and watched his crew. All of the men scurried before him and stood stock still once they were in their place. Holmes paced in front of them. "Men, the storm last night put us far more off course than we first believed!" he called out. Some grunted in understanding and he went on. "Therefore, there is only one way home at this point. Through the Siren's Cave."

        Calls and yells and signs of protest surrounded him. "BELAY THAT TALK!" He snapped loudly. Soon they quieted. "I known it is dangerous, but it's the only way we can go!"

        "We can go around!" One of his crew called.

        "We could just flip the boat now, we're all goin ta die anyway!" Cried another.

        Among the voices that soon grew once more, a small cry let out from the bunch of the roudy men. "What's the Siren's Cave?"

        All eyes were met with the sight of Sherlock Holmes, the captain's younger brother. Barely six years old, forced to join the ship a year earlier when his parents had died from the pox. His brother had refused to leave him on land.

        "It's a cave filled with women that luer us in and kill us." A bosun hissed into Sherlock's little ear. Sherlock gulped, fear filling his eyes as he looked up at captain Holmes.

        "Is that true?!" He demanded.

        Captain Holmes shot daggers at the man and bent down to his brother. "I told you to never believe the stories those blaggard's tell you. It's just a tale and just a cave."

        "You know that isn't true, Cap'n!" snapped the very same officer.

        "Anderson if you don't stop talking, I'll feed ye to the fishes!" Holmes snapped. Anderson growled and turned away. Mycroft turned back to Sherlock. "Tis just a cave, Locky."

        Sherlock let out a heavy sigh and nodded. "But I do miss women."

        The men within ear shot of Sherlock let out hearty laughs and nodded. "Don't we all, lad?" they laughed. Even Mycroft smiled at this.

        "Go on, swab, go to the kitchens and help clean and get ready for us." The older brother cooed, patting Sherlock's head. His younger smiled and nodded, hurrying off to the kitchens. As soon as he was out of sight, Mycroft turned back to his crew.

        "Me hearties, you will speak not of the siren's. It is a child's tale to make them go to sleep! To scare them from straying away from their parents!" The crew nodded unbelieving but went to ready the ship for the cave.

        Sherlock hid inside one of the barrels near the kitchens, watching as the crew worked. He didn't want to help in the kitchens, he was far too excited. He hadn't seen any sign of land in nearly two weeks and he was nearly sick from it. But on the horizon? Rock structures and green and land lay stretched before the ship. He grinned and in his daydream nearly turned over the barrel. A blush grew on his face as he snuck out of the barrel and rushed to hide from the hands.

        He wasn't very hungry that night. Nerves got the best of him and he walked out to the fore of the ship. His red striped shirt was worn and bit tattered at the bottom but it never bothered him any except for the fact that he was growing rather fast. He pulled it down a bit and looked back out at the cave. The speed of the ship had decreased since most everyone was inside. Just a few still stood on the deck to maintain the sails and lines.