First Day of School (Kidlock)

It was the first day of kindergarten at John Watson's new school. He was very excited for school, he loved making new friends, but he was very shy and worried that the other children wouldn't like him at his new school. His sister, Harry, and he weren't getting along very well and he's been feeling a bit alone the past few days. He wanted someone to be close to now, especially as the school loomed over the small boy as he clung to his mother's leg.

"Come on, John. Everything with be just fine." His mother cooed but the little boy just gulped and held on tighter as the three of them, Harry included, walked into the school and moved to the classroom the twins were to be in for the day. The door opened and John felt much happier when he saw a very happy and kind face looking at him. The woman crouched down to his height and smiled.

"Hello, my name is Miss Hudson; I'm your kindergarten teacher! You must be John." She said and her voice calmed and relaxed John almost instantly. The little boy nodded and smiled at her.

"I'm Harry!" perked up John's sister from the other side of their mother.

"Well, hello there, Harry." Miss Hudson said with a grin and then she straightened to look at John and Harry's mother.

"Emma Watson, nice to meet you Miss Hudson." Their mother said. "John here is awfully shy but loves making friends, although he doesn't tend to speak often. Harry on the other hand is a little more outgoing."

"I'm sure we're going to be the best of friends, come along you two." Miss Hudson said, motioning for John and Harry to come with her. Harry jumped to the nice woman but John stayed for a moment and gave the woman's leg one final squeeze before jumping off after Harry and Miss Hudson. The twins followed the nice woman around the room and John was in awe at the sight of the colours and the children and all the things he could do. Harry jumped off and went to go play with the other little girls but John didn't know what to do so he stayed with Miss Hudson.

"John, would you like to meet Greg? I think you two would make great friends." The woman said with a smile. John grinned and nodded vigorously and followed the woman over to where a little boy sat with naturally silver hair and trying to fit shapes into holes with a magnifying glass.

"Greg? This is John Watson; I need to go see to the other children coming in so you two have fun!" The woman said with a smile. John smiled at her as she went away but then he turned to where the little boy sat in front of him.

"Hi! My name is Gregory but you can call me Greg!" the little boy said with a smile, putting his magnifying glass down.

"Mine is John." Said John with a smile at him as he sat down and tried to help him fit the blocks into their holes. Then a loud noise came from the doorway and John spun around to see what is was. A little boy about John's age stood there trying to get away from the older boy holding his hand that looked awfully like him. Maybe his older brother, thought John and then the older brother let go of the smaller boy's hand and he rushed off in the direction of the dress up box, not bothering to say goodbye to his older sibling.

"Thank you, Mycroft." Miss Hudson said to the older boy and he walked out to go to his own class. John cocked his head but then the little boy jumped out of the box very quickly and he was wearing a full pirate costume with a long red coat and big red pirate hat.

"I rule this classroom now and..." then the boy ran at John, but all the small boy could do was sit there in shock with his eyes bulging "This is my hostage!" then the pirate boy held a toy sword up to John's neck as he moved his way behind John.

"Sherlock, dear, no holding swords to people's necks!" Miss Hudson scolded to the pirate boy.

"But I am so much smarter than all of you; I should be allowed to do what I want." The boy said and John looked up at him with a smile.

"I love playing pirates, too." John told the boy, Sherlock, with a grin. The boy grinned back.

"Ok! Go get on a costume and grab a sword!" Sherlock exclaimed. John grinned and ran off to get on a costume. He found a green outfit quickly, like Peter Pan's, and John slipped in on over his clothing quickly before grabbing a hat and sword before jumping from the box as Sherlock had a few minutes before and the two immediately began their swordfight that lasted the rest of school.

_______________________

I thought this one was cute becuase of Sherlock's love for pirates! Fan, Vote, and Comment :D

~Una