John's Return (Mid 20s in Age)

Sherlock sat in the seat of the airport, twiddling his thumbs. He licked his lips and smelled the stale air of airport food, people, and old/new baggage. He was so nervous. Never was he this nervous until now. Not even on the day of their first date! Nearly a year ago the love of his life had been sucked away from him to go back into war. They of course had Skype dates and could talk on the phone but it was nothing like actually being together.

He layed back in his chair, trying hard to relax but failing horribly. Then he heard a loud ding and he shot up, looking to see the baggage claim blinking to life signaling that his plane had arrived and he was coming towards Sherlock now. He grinned ear to ear and stood, looking all around the large and nearly empty room.

Then he saw him.

"John!" Sherlock yelped, running forward when he saw the shorter blonde man in his cameo; grabbing his duffle bag from the claim. John spun around, his matured face now sparkling.

"Sherlock." John sighed happily, holding his arms out and Sherlock immediately rushed into them, pulling his boyfriend tight to his body. He hadn't notice that John had winced.

"I've missed you so much." Sherlock said, a bit muffled in John's hair.

"I've missed you too, love." John grinned and pulled back a moment to look at Sherlock. Both of them seemed to have aged years but quickly with each other they began to look their own age again.

Sherlock moved his head down and kissed John softly once. "Don't leave me that long, John. Please." he said quietly.

John sighed and looked into Sherlock's eyes. "I'm not going anywhere, not for a long time Sherlock."

Then Sherlock looked down and saw that John had a cane in his hand.

"What happened?" he demanded, suddenly back to his serious self.

"We'll talk about this at home." John said, using his free hand to move up to Sherlock's face and kissed him.

Sherlock's eyes glazed with joy. "Home."

~

When Sherlock and John arrived back in 221B, Sherlock was overjoyed with not being the only person and he quickly wrapped his arms around John's waist and kissed his neck.

"You have no idea how much I have missed you, John."

"Oh I missed you so much more." John turned around and kissed Sherlock's mouth. The detective smiled and pulled back.

"So what is with the cane?" He asked, keeping an arm around John as they sat down on the sofa, John sitting in Sherlock's lap.

John sighed. "I got shot, Sherlock."

His eyes widened as he started searching all over John's body for the mark. John carefully lifted off his shirt, showing Sherlock the stitched up wound. Sherlock's fingers trailed around it softly.

"Oh John... Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I didn't want to break it over a bloody Skype call." He chuckled, wincing again at the pain.

Sherlock nodded, still looking at the mark. "What's the cane for though?"

"A limp, from the shock." John replied, suddenly feeling self conscience that Sherlock was staring at his wound. The dark-haired man's eyes then shot up to look at John's face.

"I love you." Sherlock said and kissed John again, this time a bit more passionate than before. John pulled back for only a second more before kissing him back.

"I know. I love you too."

TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE NIGHT, WOO I AM ON A ROLE!!!!! So yeah, this one was as if John and Sherlock had met in college/uni or something in case you were confused. :D Keep on reading and giving me ideas for chapters! Thanks so much for reading and voting and commenting and doing all of that fabulous living stuff that you do. Just wanting to say that all of you are beautiful and I love you so much, don't be afraid to message and talk because I love meeting new people.

~Una