Sleeping in Sugar (Pocketlock)

Yeah I know, it's been awhile. A few months in fact... DON'T JUDGE ME, SCHOOL HAS ME GOING CRAZY!!! SO HERE YOU GO! POCKET JAWN!

"John! Care for any tea?" Sherlock asked, picking up a spoon and digging it into the sugar cup, pulling out a disgruntled John. "I told you to stop sleeping in the sugar." he scolded, placing the spoon and John on the counter.

"I know, but it smells really nice. It's also surprisingly comfortable." John yawned, stretching his little body out and brushing sugar off his clothes and out of his hair.

Sherlock shrugged. "Anyways, tea?" John nodded and smiled as he crawled up Sherlock's arm and sat down on his shoulder to watch.

"Remember how we first met?" John asked, smiling at Sherlock.

"Of course, how can I forget?" the tall man said, pouring himself a cuppa as well as a small dollhouse sized one for John.

~Flashback~

Little John Watson yawned as he blinked in the sunlight. Then his eyes popped wide open. Today was the day that a new person would move into the flat. The last one... wasn't very kind, and John had told this to his dear friend that owned the flat, Mrs Hudson. John had heard that this man was a friend of Mrs Hudson's, so he was indeed excited to see who it was, but the Tall people always scared him. He was indeed like a mouse, he was about the size of one anyway, and because of this he was awfully skittish around just about anyone.

"Oh come in, come in, Sherlock! Oh I am so happy you're moving in." Came Mrs Hudson's cheery and bright voice. John poked his head out of his little hole in the wall, pushing the small bits of fabric he used as a door out of the way. He saw a very tall man walk into the room, followed by an ecstatic Mrs Hudson; she was practically bouncing with joy!

John almost melted when he heard the man's voice, it was deep and rich. Like a jaguar growling from inside a cello. "Oh yes, I know. Thank you for letting me stay." he said, placing his bags down. John jumped at the reverberations.

"Oh it is no trouble at all, you were living on the streets and you've helped me so much in the past!" she said and watched as he looked around the room. "I'll leave you to it then, call if you need anything!" She added and scurried out with a smile.

John watched as the man, Sherlock, stepped to the kitchen and started pulling everything out of the fridge and cupboards and throwing most of it into the rubbish bin. What an odd man, John thought as he took a step out of his hole and tripped on accident. He made a small squeak and looked up quickly. The man spun around but just in time John scurried back into the hole. John could feel the vibrations of Sherlock's feet as he bounded over and crouched down beside his hole. He held his hand to his mouth so not to squeak again as he hid inside his old matchbox bed. He pulled his blanket over his head as he saw even more light stream into his room, showing that Sherlock had indeed lifted his door off its nail, most likely to examine his home. For once in his life John was happy that his furniture wasn't right at the door anymore.

"Odd..." he heard Sherlock drawl. John let out a sigh when he knew the man was gone and his door was back. John was so tired from the fright already that he fell right to sleep! He poked his head out of his blanket a few hours later to spot a large circular lens glaring right at him in the way of his door. The moment he moved again there was a large flash and John was blinded instantaneously. A small bell rang out and John jumped, the blankets flying all around him and he hid beneath them. He poked his eyes out to see what was going on and there was a large face looking back at him.

"Hello, who are you?" Sherlock said slowly, speaking to himself but John was far too nervous for that to register in his mind.

"I'm John Watson!" he blurted out loudly, his whole head out now. Sherlock yelped and fell backwards.

"You are not a mouse!" Sherlock yelled. John covered his ears, Tall people were always far too loud!

"Obviously not. I'm a human just like you." John said as he stood up in his matchbox, straightening his little jumper. Sherlock crawled back over and put his face to John's door again.

"You're a tad too small to be a human." John just shrugged and crawled out, looking up at the tall man. He held out his hand kindly.

"John Watson, and you are?" John asked gentlemanly, Sherlock hesitantly held his own finger out and John grasped it with both of his tiny hands.

"Sherlock Holmes. I've gone mad haven't I?" Sherlock asked, moving his finger up and down.

John grinned up at him. "Not at all, I'm a real being. Just ask Mrs Hudson!"

Sherlock just nodded and sat down in front of little John.

~Normal time~

John chuckled and sipped his tea. "I was like a little mouse, look at us now!" he grinned over at Sherlock. The man smiled back and shrugged to rub faces with John. Their way of a hug.

"Come on, John, can you check for a case?" Sherlock asked as he moved his hand to his shoulder for John to crawl on. John did just so.

"Sure!" he said as Sherlock placed him down by the laptop. John went right to work, jumping about the keys and moving the mouse about until he was on Sherlock's blog and going through his messages. After a few minutes he shrugged. "Nothing of much importance, really."

Sherlock sat down on the sofa and pulled the laptop with John still sitting atop it into his lap. His eyes scanned the screen. "Hmm, what shall we do then?" Sherlock asked, his eyes moving down to John. The little man shrugged and crawled up Sherlock's shirt and into his breast pocket. John smiled happily and curled up but was soon disturbed when Sherlock had grabbed his collar and pulled him out. John had his arms crossed and face in a scowl.

"I just got comfortable, I'm tired!" He exclaimed.

"You are always tired, John!"

"I live quite a busy lifestyle, thank you very much!" John yelped and bit at Sherlock's hand. The taller man smiled and places John down in his pocket again. Only a few minutes later did he hear small snores come from his pocket.

Sherlock had fallen asleep as well, and it wasn't a few hours before John woke up again. Then he remembered! The main reason why he had gotten up earlier that morning! He crawled up and out of Sherlock's pocket and up to his shoulder again. Ever so carefully he walked over to Sherlock's face and he poked him softly.

"Wakey wakey!" he cooed. Sherlock's eyes blinked open and John leaned over and pressed his little lips to the corner of Sherlock's mouth. "Happy birthday, Sherlock."