Watching Doctor Who

QUICK WARNING! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE DOCTOR WHO OR HAVE NOT WATCHED THE FIRST SEASON TO THE NEWER SERIES THEN STOP READING THIS RIGHT NOW! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SHERLOCK AND JOHN WATCH DOCTOR WHO. I had to do it! :D hope you like!

It was a normal night in 221B, Sherlock all throughout the day was dreadfully bored and had nothing to do, so John had to entertain him in some way. There surprisingly wasn't any crap telly on that day, or even that night as they could tell. Sherlock had got the gun out and was shooting the wall as usual, ignoring whatever it was on the telly, and John stood there yelling at him.

"Sherlock, you're going to get arrested! There are neighbourhoods near here!" John exclaimed, trying to jump up and get the gun from the tall man. Sherlock just rolled his eyes and shot at the wall once more.

"No I won't, I'll tell them it was Mycroft or someone else." Sherlock droned, and went up to the wall and patted the wallpaper down slightly.

"Why shoot the wall, anyways? The wall didn't do anything to you!" John yelled

"Would you prefer I shot other things here in the flat? I don't think so. Either way; the wall had it coming." Sherlock replied and sat down on the couch, placing the gun on the table in front of him. John took that chance to grab the gun quickly and bring it upstairs and hide it once more where Sherlock shouldn't find it for another week or two at least. When John came back downstairs Sherlock was wrapped up in a blanket and sulking on the couch, ignoring everything around him.

"Sherlock, please stop sulking and cheer up. Case or no case, crap telly or not crap telly, you could still have fun." John sighed as he sat down on his armchair. Sherlock glanced at him over his shoulder but then went back to sulking, still ignoring John ever so slightly. John just rolled at Sherlock and turned on the telly, flipping it onto a new channel he got on the telly. It wasn't a channel, more like an App, similar to that for an iPhone. It was newer to the UK than it was to maybe the United States, so he had heard about it but only just got it. This marvellous television app was Netflix.

John glanced over at Sherlock once more before Netflix loaded and the man's back was still facing him so John just rolled his eyes and looked back to the screen where all the movies and shows loaded. He used the clicker and clicked on a show that one of his friends had recommended, Doctor Who. John had watched the show when he was much younger but eventually stopped when he went off to the Afghanistan and so on. He had heard there was a new series but hadn't gotten the chance to watch it until now.

When the opening credits began for episode one, "Rose," John got awfully excited and grinned wildly as he watched. As the episode went on, John caught Sherlock glancing over every once and a while and would smile but then Sherlock would notice John had caught him and he would sulk again. Yet, the man never left the room and he kept watching the episodes. John, and Sherlock though he would never admit it, watched three episodes of the new Doctor Who that night before they fell asleep between the third and fourth episodes.

The next day neither of them spoke of the show or of how they fell asleep, instead the day went on as normal as possible. Sherlock scourged the internet and begged Lestrade for cases but a case never came in, not even the smallest thing like a missing pet. While Sherlock was in distress and bored all day John had gone to work, went shopping, and then made it back home at dinner time. The two just ordered in some food to eat, John didn't want to make anything and Mrs. Hudson was out. As they ate, John and Sherlock watched another three episodes of Doctor Who. This time they watched, Sherlock actually watched instead of sulking the entire time. Sherlock was actually interested in the show, and he became a fan very fast. He would never admit that though, as John knew all too well.

In the middle of the second episode Sherlock looked over at John and said "It's a bit cold in here, isn't it?"

John shrugged, "Just a bit nippy, why?" he asked.

Sherlock took in a deep breath and remained in a monotone voice when he replied. "John, body heat is much better than the heat blankets have, which is only my own. It would be warmer if you came here."

John smiled slightly; he had been starting to come to terms with his feelings for Sherlock lately. John also knew that they weren't mutual but whenever Sherlock asked him for something that could give even the slightest impression of feelings, John would do so.

Sherlock himself thought exactly the same way, but he was much more confused with the feelings. He just wanted to experiment at the time being. He could just barely see the signs from John and the feelings he could be feeling, and he needed to make sure.

John smiled slightly as he rose from his armchair and sat on the couch where Sherlock was sitting, bundled up in a blanket. Sherlock looked at him with a straight face as he raised his arm up, letting space up for John so move into. John's heart raced only a few beats faster as he moved under Sherlock's arm and he calmed it quickly when he looked back at the show.

"Warm yet, Sherlock?" John asked; leaning into the man as the next episode started.

Sherlock smiled down at him, "Absolutely."

This happened a few times more, Sherlock and John not speaking very much during the day and then watching Doctor Who and snuggling that night. It was something they waited for, something they could actually do and be happy to do so. John didn't go on dates as often as he used to, he was actually feeling for Sherlock only, and Sherlock didn't have too many organs and body parts around the house. On the fourth night, Sherlock and John were a bit disturbed at the sight of the gas-masked child. During the middle of "The Empty Child" Sherlock was nodding off so John had gone back to his room and grabbed an old gas mask from his cupboard and slipped it on, sneaking back downstairs and hid behind Sherlock's armchair until the child walked out again.

John smiled beneath the mask and stood up, walking around the chair to be in front of the chair. He turned slowly and looked Sherlock in the eyes. "Are you my mummy?" he asked and the scream that emitted from that man was so feminine and loud that Mrs. Hudson would have thought John had a girl over for the night.

"John, don't do that ever again!" Sherlock yelled at the laughing man. John was crying from how much he laughed but finally he stopped and took the gas mask off.

"Sherlock, you screamed! You actually were afraid of me in a gas mask asking if you were my mummy. You really are a fan of the show, now!" John exclaimed, tossing the gas mask onto the table as he spoke.

Sherlock sneered and moved his eyes away from John's, "Fine, I'm a fan of the show, now please move out of the way so I can watch more." John smiled and obliged, sitting down in his armchair and watching the rest of the episode and the two after that. This time, Sherlock and John just barely made it to their rooms to go to sleep.

The next night, as they had heard from other fans of the show, would be a very big night for Sherlock and John show-wise. Already Sherlock and John were sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a few blankets and their arms wrapped around each other.

"Ready for Bad Wolf?" Sherlock asked John with a wink after Boom Town finished. John grinned and nodded as Sherlock turned on the episode. The theme music came on, both of them jumping about and grinning like total idiots as the song went on. The episode went on, causing both men to sit at the edge of their seats in suspense and even laugh a few times. When the Daleks screamed EXTERMINATE with Rose in their clutches and the episode ended, the two were standing and screaming at the telly, going mad for the next episode.

They almost regretted it by the end of The Parting of the Ways. John wasn't paying as much attention to this one, he did cry at parts he was paying attention but just before the kiss between the Doctor and Rose a beep came from John's laptop and he went to go check it. He left Sherlock, who had moved to his armchair when John got up and he was wrapped in a ball and watching the show intently. When the kiss happened Sherlock thought for a moment.

"John?" He called. John moved his eyes away from his laptop, where he was checking his blog quickly.

"Yes, Sherlock?" John asked curiously.

Sherlock replied simply with "I think I need a Doctor."