Ashes Ashes (Parent!Lock)

Sherlock and John Watson-Holmes lived together for nearly ten years, together for six of those years, and married for two of those years. And for the past few months... there's been a power of three. Their son, Hamish Watson-Holmes. He was about three months old or so, he looked so much like Sherlock, same cheekbones and eyes. But his hair and other features were a lot like John's! Thanks to technology of the modern day, yes both men were Hamish's birth fathers.

The two were getting used to a third human in the house. It was odd to everyone at Scotland Yard when either John or Sherlock had baby Hamish strapped to him or in his arms. Even if Hamish needed to be calmed down and set down for a nap in one of his father's arms in the middle of a case or interrogation session.

They were on a harder case, the day that Hamish disappeared.

Sherlock passed Hamish to John as he stepped towards the scene, so he was able to get a closer look. Five people were spread out on the ground in the shape of a five-pointed star. A pentagram. He sighed, thinking it was another cult sacrifice, he had seen things similar to this before and knew just the people that would be doing this. He knew their hiding spots.

But... There was something different about these murders.

There was something in the centre of the star. And it was moving. He walked closer and saw a small piece of paper fluttering in the wind. He furrowed his eyebrows and took a step over the bodies and bent over the paper.

Of course it was signed to him.

He picked up the paper, after making sure he had gloves on, and skimmed over it.

Hello, Mr Holmes.

Dance for me!

Ring around the rosie...

Sherlock frowned and stood up straight with the paper.

"John, take Hamish to Greg and Mycroft. I'm sure they'll be happy to babysit now that they're back from their sex vacation." He said, never taking his eyes off the paper.

John sighed. "Sherlock, it is called a honeymoon, not a sex vacation. But why would Hamish need to go there? Something wrong?"

"No idea, but do hurry." Sherlock said immediately, walking around the people and examining them.

John hesitated for only a moment before rushing off towards the Lestrade-Holmes household. Luckily they were in the same area. John rang the doorbell.

"Hello, sir." their newest doorman nodded.

"Is Greg in? Or Mycroft? I need them to babysit Hamish, troublesome case." John explained.

The man opened the door wider. "Do come in, I have been taking care of their son while they're away. They will be back around six tonight."

John sighed but walked inside anyways. But John did know his manners. "I'm sorry, but what is your name again?"

"Sebastian, sir. Tea?"

John furrowed his eyebrows. It sounded familiar. He shook his head. "No, sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry."

"Right, sir." Sebastian nodded once more and lead John off to the nursery. Little William was laying in his bed asleep.

"Call me when they arrive? And/or if Hamish starts to get to be too much for you?"

"Right sir." he nodded and held out his hands. John carefully placed the tired Hamish into the man's arms. But he couldn't get the feeling off that he was doing something wrong, but he brushed it off.

"Thank you, Sebastian."

And with that John walked out and headed for the flat, knowing that Sherlock would be there.

"Sherlock, I'm home!" John called as he walked inside.

"Is Hamish at my brother's house?" He called back. John walked up the stairs and saw Sherlock staring into a microscope in the kitchen.

"He is." John smiled and walked into the kitchen, getting something to snack on.

"Which doorman was there?"

"A new one. Sebastian."

Sherlock's eyebrows furrowed just as John's had.

"Interesting." And thus he went back to his work in silence, leaving John to go about and research their case.

At exactly 6:02 that night, the phone rang. John picked it up and answered.

"Hello?"

"John." It was Mycroft.

"Ah hey Mycroft." John said, a bit louder so Sherlock could hear. He perked up, keeping his eyes on his experiments but listening in.

"Please tell me that my worker has made it to your house with Will." Greg's voice came in.

Oh it's both of them!

"No? Where's Hamish, he's at your house isn't he?" John's voice nearly shook with worry.

"What? No! Myc and I had called and asked to take Will to your house, since we won't be home tonight. But we checked the security feed and they were all blocked out!"

John took in a deep but shaky breath. "We need to find Sebastian. He has both of them."

"On it." Sherlock's voice cut in, running into the living room and throwing on his coat.

Mycroft and Greg hung up, John pulled on his own coat. But... there was something in his pocket. He looked down, confused, and stuck his hand in.

"Sherlock! Come here. I found something." John said, Sherlock ran right back up the stairs, panting slightly.

"What is it?" he tried to sound calm.

"Another note." John unfolded the paper and little flowers fell out, cursive writing underneath it said...

"A pocket full of posie." Sherlock snarled.

John looked back up at him. "What's going on, Sher?" he gulped.

"Come on, we need to get to the crematorium." Sherlock replied immediately and grabbed the note and posie, stuffing them into his own pocket before dragging John after him and into a cab.

Ten minutes later they arrive at the crematorium and cemetery, hands held tightly as they made their way inside. Totally empty, it was closed so of course no one was there.

Except for the sound of a cooing baby. In fact, two babies. And the sound of flames crackling. John and Sherlock ran for another room.

"MORAN, WHERE ARE YOU?!" Sherlock screamed at the top of his lungs. Both of them knew that Sebastian wasn't going anywhere. If it even was Sebastian there.

"Come on, Sherlock. Do hurry, they're waking up." Came an all-too-familar disembodied voice. Little did the two of them know that standing in the next room over was a man in a westwood suit, holding baby Hamish in his arms and the stench of burning flesh filling the room, as one last child's cry rings out. Those very cries now only...

"Ashes ashes..." Jim Moriarty sings. He was just laying Hamish down for his final nap as the fire suddenly went out, the embers sizzling as rain from outside dribbled in. The ceiling had been broken open with London's best officers swarming in, a helicopter above.

Sherlock growled as he walked into the room. "We all fall down."

----------

Heh, I made it kinda really sad with Will.... BUT WAIT THIS ONE SHOT WILL BE CONTINUED. DON'T WORRY, THINGS WILL GET BETTER, BUT I WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE SOME OTHER SHOTS IN BETWEEN

~Una