Run (WhoLock/TeenJohn)

John shook awake, letting out a short scream as he sat straight up. He groaned as the wave washed away from him. His nightmares were just getting the better of him again. He pulled his legs in and tucked the blanket around his body. He hugged himself, taking a few deep breaths.

"You're seventeen bloody years old. Stop dreaming about stupid childhood memories." he snapped at himself quietly. It had been the same dream that he had been getting every night for the past month. Every year, for one month out of the year, he'd have the same dream. Always of him walking through an empty corridor to his old home, and seeing his parents being held captive and shot at the end. A true story, that's why he lived with his sister and her girlfriend now. And, per usual, no one heard him screaming.

John sighed and then heard one of the strangest of noises. An odd wheezing sound. He glanced up and saw a light radiating from inside the cupboard in his room. John furrowed his eyebrows and carefully stepped off of his bed. He slowly reached out for the door knob but before he could grab it- the door flung open!

He blinked at the blinding light, but the light was quickly replaced by a man standing before him.

"Hello, I'm the Doctor. You called for help?" the man in front of him said. He was tall, eyes gleaming with nebula spinning within them, and a long coat was hanging from his shoulders with the collar popped up.

"I-i-i-i, I um--"

"Nightmares, John. You've been having nightmares." The man bent down slightly to his height. John gulped and sat down, the Doctor kneeled in front of him.

"How did you appear in my cupboard?" John asked, raising his head from his hands.

The Doctor smiled. "I've got a space ship. You can come inside later, but right now can you tell me what these nightmares are about?"

John gulped. "My p-parents. They w-were shot when I was little." The Doctor kept his smile but pulled John into his arms in a hug. But a sound like a bee buzzing filled his ears. John moved back to see a light shining in his eyes. He blinked it off.

"What is that thing?" he asked.

"Sonic screwdriver." the Doctor replied with a laugh, shaking it a bit. But his tone went back to serious soon after, "John, you sent me a distress call. Now, lucky for you I've seen this happen before. But, in your case, it's a bit different. You aren't looking for a way out of the fear. You honestly don't care much if your sister or her girlfriend helped you out. You just want to get away..."

John gulped. The Doctor was spot on.

The curly-haired man grinned widely. "Would you like to go on an adventure?"

John blushed and nodded ever so slightly.

"It can be dangerous." The Doctor warned.

"Life can be dangerous." John retaliated. That awarded John with a bright smile from the Doctor.

"Good. Shall we?" He asked, standing quickly and heading for the cupboard. John looked to what was in there. A... Police public call box? John made a face and stepped forward.

"Doctor, that's a phone box. Not a space ship." John said, standing and following him. The man laughed and opened the door. The teenage boy's eyes flew wide open. There was a whole other room inside of the teeny tiny phone box. John slowly took a step forward into the ship. "It's, uh,"

"Bigger on the inside." The Doctor finished. John nodded vigorously. The middle of the room had a large console, an odd tube-like contraption that moved up and down with the machines... well it was like a heartbeat! The walls had odd round things to them, as well as spires in odd shapes rising up from the metal floor. John took in a deep breath and sat down where he stood, a bit light headed.

"Come on, you need to get some proper nightmare-less sleep." The Doctor smiled and pulled John up, lifting the skinny boy into his arms and carrying him out. John blinked up at him, smiling ever so slightly as the Doctor placed John down in a bed, one that was in a bedroom down the hall from the control room. The Doctor then buzzed his little screwdriver thing in John's face, causing John to fall into a peaceful dreamless sleep.

When John woke up, he was confused at the sight of the bedroom around him, but heard the hum of the ship and calmed down. He remembered what had occurred. He smiled and snuck out, making his way into the control room where the Doctor spun around the board in a sort of dance. John was about to make his presence known when the ship made that whirring, wheezing noise once more. The teenager blinked and stepped out.

"Morning!" The Doctor exclaimed cheerfully when he spotted John.

"Morning. Do you have a kitchen in this ship? Or any way to make tea?" John asked, smiling slightly. The Doctor nodded and pointed to another hallway.

"Down there, third door to the left." The mad man replied and went back to his dance. John nodded, a bit confused still at the sight of it all. But he did indeed find the kitchen. Simple looking enough. He sleepily made himself a cuppa, and one for the Doctor as well, and retreated back into the control room.

The Doctor grinned thankfully as John handed him the mug and nodded his head towards the monitor. "So, where would you like to go?"

"What do you mean?" John asked.

The tall man smiled, a brag in his voice. "The TARDIS, Time and Relative Dimension in Space. John Watson, we can travel through time and space." This was getting to be a bit much for John and he sat down where he was. "Are you okay?" The Doctor asked and knelt down, placing his cuppa a little ways away.

"Doctor... I don't think I can do this. This is a bit much." His sad eyes met the Doctor's even sadder ones.

"Would you like me to take you home?" The man asked, hand in John's hair to brush it from his face.

John pondered a moment. "I..." he looked up at the Doctor with wide eyes. "I want to go on adventures. But I'm not sure if I can do that in this way."

The Doctor smiled after a moment. A grin, more like! He jumped up, startling John from his suddenness. "I've got it" and without another word the man was hitting buttons and pushing levers and twisting twisty things here, there, and everywhere on the console. Before he knew it, John was sitting in what looked like a flat. The wallpaper was a pleasant design, calm. Two armchairs sat in the middle of the room. A human skull sat on the mantle above the fireplace. The console, the round things, everything! It had just disappeared and formed this quaint little flat. The Doctor then ran out of the room and came back with a deerstalker on his head.

"Call me Sherlock." He winked. "You and I can live here. I can go out and do what I need to, helping to save the earth and all, but when you need a place to go? Come to 221B Baker Street. If I'm out?" The Doctor--er, Sherlock, handed John a little phone that had some odd markings on the back. He turned it in his hands and the man went on. "Ring me up, my number is the only one on there right now. Call me if you need a quick escape. And... maybe I can take you out on an adventure or two." The Doctor/Sherlock grinned.

John smiled. "I hope I'm not dreaming. Can... Maybe we can go on one adventure... I'd love to see the future. You could call me a sci-fi geek but... I'd love to go to California, in America, during 2259 or maybe a bit before then... I'd love to meet Captain Kirk of the USS Enterprise." John blushed. The Doctor pulled John into a bright and tight hug.

"Fantastic! Let's go then!" He exclaimed and threw a little key up in the air, when it fell the sound echoed through the room and it became the TARDIS control room once more. And off they went, through time and space!

....did you like it? i really hope so! This was actually a bit hard to write, I just couldn't get it just right while I was writing XD And thank you neige for the idea!!!

~Una