Chapter 13 - Graduation Day

Two Months Later

Graduation Day

The night before, Nat stay at her apartment to prepare to wall the stage. As she applied her lip liner and clear gloss in the bathroom mirror, she could not help the tears of joy forming in the corners of her chocolate brown eyes.

I did it! You did Natalie! 

Nat swiftly dapped the corners of her eyes with a tissue to avoid messing up her eye makeup. She went to her bed to retrieve her purse and cardigan. Her phone buzzed with a Kakao message notification from Hana notifying her that she was on her way to the university.

She slipped into her beige wedges and headed out the door.

Nat tried to calm her nerves by listening to music while commuting to the university. A subtle sadness rose within her heart when her mind came across the thought that her family would not be there to cheer her on as she walked to the stage. This will be the second time however Nat tried to look on the bright side and was glad that Hana would be there.

After an hour into the ceremony, it was time for the roll call. It felt like a dream when Nat heard her name being called. She smiled and bowed as she received her diploma.

Hana found Nat after the ceremony and gave her one big hug. " You did it!" Proud of you!"

Nat chuckled with tears of joy filling up her eyes again. " Thanks, Unnie!"

"Now to celebrate with food and drinks!" Hana smiled

While exiting the auditorium linking arms, Hana and Nat both into three unexpected guests. The colour of Nat's face dispersed.

"Mom, Dad, and Tyler! What are you doing here?" Nat gasped

"It's your graduation, is it not?"  Nat's dad exclaimed

Nat nodded. " Um, this is my friend Hana, Hana, this is my parents and Tyler, a family friend.

"Pleasure to meet you!" Hana bowed

"Where were you ladies off to?" Nat's mom asked

Hana felt Nat gripping onto her arm more tightly as they stood there. She could feel the trembling of her body as lean against her.

"Oh, just to a restaurant," Nat replied

"Actually Nat, I got a message from my mom and she said that she cooking up a big feast for us. We better get going or I will never hear the end of it." Hana explained

Nat glanced at Hana and smiled. " Yeah, we better get a move on."

The young women hesitantly move towards the exit before a hand grabs hold of Nat's arm. It was Tyler.

"Why are you running from us? On your graduation day? Are we not your family? " Tyler asked still having a hold on Nat's arm.

Nat can feel her breath shorten every second.

"Just let me be. Leave me alone." 

"Let go of me!" Nat yelled as she ripped her arm out of Tyler's grip

Now Nat had a couple of spectators.

"Natalie! What has gotten  into?" Nat's mom blurted

More people started to stop what they were doing and watched the argument unfold. Hana took notice and tugged her friend's arm.

" We should go or move this outside, Nat," Hana whispered

"Natalie, I suggest you stop your childish antics and come with us!" Nat's father said sternly

"No," Nat said

Nat managed to move her fear-paralyzed feet toward the exit. Tyler attempted to grab her former lover but what stopped by a hand filled with small finger tattoos.

" Leave her alone!" the owner of the arm demanded

Tyler's eyes burned with rage when he realize who the man was standing between him and Nat.

"Oh, you again!" Tyler snapped

It was Jungkook in a black bucket hat that hung low covering his eyes and with a black mask sitting underneath his chin.

"It's Jungkook. I thought he wasn't coming today?" Hana whispered to Nat

"I'm going to tell you this one more time. Don't you dare touch her!" Jungkook said

Tyler snickered at the demand. " You can't tell me what to do?"

"Wanna bet?" Jungkook replied moving closer

Nat pulled on the sleeve of her boyfriend's oversized shirt. " Let's go. He's not worth it."

Jungkook took one look at his girlfriend and saw all the distress in her eyes. His gaze softened with concern but his anger still burned intensely for Tyler. Jungkook, Nat, and Hana turned around and headed toward the exit not uttering another word to Tyler and Nat's parents. Nat kept her head down as they walked out while Hana hold her close to her side. Jungkook quickly pulled up his mask and released his balled-up fist.

"You're just gonna allow your daughter to walk away like that!" Tyler snapped at Nat's parents

Nat's father rested a hand on Tyler's shoulder and looked sternly into his eyes. " Son, the fight is far from over."

Thanks For Reading!💜

A/N: Hey y'all! I really apologize for the slow updates. The only time that I have to write is on my way to work or if I'm not completely drained on my day off. I will try my best to update. P.S. upcoming chapters are going to get spicier. 

**