Chapter 2: New Start

I'm walking towards a tall old building. That's my high school. Today is my first day of freshmen year. I'm kinda nervous. I've just arrived. Our homeroom professor shows us our classroom.

He explains everything to us and the break starts. I'm talking to some girls and they're nice. It's not too bad. There's a certain someone I miss a lot tho...

First week passed and I got pretty much used to new school. I have some friends and there's a lot of pretty girls at school to ;). No one as pretty as her tho... No stop it! Ugh, I want to hate her but I can't.

I'm going to bus station right now. Oh sh!t. It's her. I fell like I can't breath. I panic and hide. I feel like crying. Just when I thought I got over her. Sigh... I guess time will heal this...

-----------------

I'm going home now. Suddenly a thought crosses my mind. I haven't thought of her for the last couple of days. Yes! I'm over her.

-----------------

So I just randomly joined an Ultimate Frisbee Club at our school, named StarStrikers. I was never into sport but I thought maybe I should try.

I'm changing into sport clothes. Training is about to start. I walk into the gym. A guy walks in and starts talking: "Hello everyone. My name is Matthew Primrose, I'm a senior (4th year) and I'll be your coach."

We start training. The older members of the Club show us how to throw a frisbee right and we practice. I'm paired with a girl named Ivy. She's from my class and she's really cool and care-free. I really like hanging out with her. I like outgoing people with whom I can joke around with.

We start a game and it's first time for a lot of us here so things are going pretty slow now. So in frisbee you have to pass a frisbee to your team-mate and if your team-mate catches it at the end of field past the line, that's called end zone, your team gets a point.

I'm running looking up at the frisbee in the air. I run to the end zone. I jump and catch it. I hear claps and I smile widely. Yep, I think I will enjoy this.

As I'm walking to the lockers I hear something from the other corner. I'm curious so I go and look. I lay my eyes upon something shocking. I see coach Matthew passionately kissing with Jake, a sophomore (2nd year) who is also in Frisbee Club. Oh wow there's some gays at this school I see. I smirk. I'll definitely tease these two on a next training.

------------------

We're having chemistry right now and I'm kinda bored. I know all of this we had learned about this before. Suddenly I remeber something. I used to sit with her in chemistry class.

I guess I'm not over her. I suddenly feel like drowning and I can't think about anything else than her and how I wish we would be together now. I need some air. I aks the professor if I can go to a bathroom. She sighs and allows me to.

I went outside the class and walk to the restroom. I open one stall and sit on a toilet. I'm trying to steady my breathing. Breath in, breath out. Ahh, I hate that she's still on my mind!

I walk back to class. I'm somehow fine now. I open the door and go back to my table. How to get rid of this pain in my chest? Just at a mention of her name I feel like I can't breathe.

-------------------

It's been a couple of months since I started high school. I have to say I'm enjoying it. I like the freedom.

I miss her. I wonder how is she doing. Is she sick? Is she hurt? Is she happy?

Yesterday snowed so the park in front of our school is a great place for a snowball fight. Suddenly a memory crosses my mind.

It was 5 years ago. It snowed at that time too. Our school had planned to have a winter sports day but it got cancelled, because it had not snowed.

At one weekend it did snow. Rose got an idea and called everyone in our class she could. A lot of them came and we went ice skating on a lake in our town all together. I admired her abillity to organize it like that and call everyone together.

It was my first time ice skating. I fell countless of times, because of my clumsiness. I sat down at the side, almost giving up. Rose came to me and asked: "Why are you sitting there?" "I'm bad at that. I don't want to fall anymore, so I'll sit there and wait for you to finish."

"I'll help you," she said and took my hand. She pulled me up and helped me to skate. She had skated a lot before so she was good at it. She taught me how to ice skate. She was holding my hand all the time. I smiled and she smiled back. At one moment I slipped and fell. We both fell to the ground. We made eye contact and burts out laughing.

I shake my head to get rid of the memory. 'Lilly, stop thinking about her. It's pointless. Forget her.' I tell myself.

I join my friends Ivy, Anna, Lucy and Hannah. We're going to attack some of our boy classmates. I'm always down for some fun. Especially if it involves beating some guys asses.

I run to hide behind the tree and make a bunch of snowballs. I call for the girls and tell them the plan. Me, Anna and Hannah will chase the boys and lead them to the place Ivy and Lucy are hiding behind the tree. When they will run past the tree they will throw snowballs at them.

I run and chase some annoying boys with a snowball. I also throw some. We're getting close to a tree. Boom. Yes. Ivy and Lucy throw a bunch of snowballs at the boys and they are now all snowy. I run to them and we high-five. We all laugh whole-heartedly including the snowmen.