Chapter 8: Monday Morning & Fight

She stayed at my house for Sunday too. I helped her study. She also stayed the night and we fell asleep while cuddling like both days before.

It's Monday morning now and we've just woken up to get ready for school. Our bus takes off in 30 minutes. We walk out of my house and go to her grandparents' in order for her to change in new clothes for school. She goes to the front door and unlocks it. I plan to stand outside to wait for her but she pulls me in the house.

"Sit down here and wait for me. I'll be back right away." I sit on the chair in the kitchen as the door to it opens. Uh-oh. It's her grandma. "Don't worry child I saw you coming in with Rose. And I remeber you from years ago visiting her here. Are you her girlfriend?" What? "Um.... no." Grandma chuckles. "I saw you two holding hands. You seem like really good friends then." She laughs. I also awkwardly laugh.

"I've just met her in the hall and she looks happier than ever this last half of year. We don't judge her, but I guess she thinks we do so she avoids me and my husband. I've heard her cry every night, but I don't know how to help her," she looks at me sadly. "Her parents came a couple of times too. They insulted her and tried to make me throw her out of my house too." I see that Mrs. Blue really cares about Rose. "Make her happy," she says. "I definitely will." I smile widely.

In that moment Rose enters the kitchen. She looks amazing. She's wearing a red crop-top topped by blue denim jacket and black jeans with chain. She's made her hair in a high ponytail. She looks hot.

I guess I was staring because grandma waves her hand in front of my eyes. I wake up from my trance and shake my head. I stand up and turn to grandma: "It was nice to see you Mrs. Blue." "You too," she chuckles. Rose is already in front of front door putting on her Converse. I want to walk there too, but grandma stops me. "You love my granddaughter." That's not a question.
"I..."
"Don't even try to deny it. I'm old and wise. I recognize love when I see it. And don't worry, I support you."
"Thank you," I say and follow Rose.

We then run to the bus stop and arrive just in time to catch the bus. We sit down and pant heavily. "That was close." "Yeah," I agree. We look at each other and giggle.

As we're driving she's on her phone and playing with my hand on her lap (she just mindlessly took it, I don't think she even noticed). I'm leaning my head on the window and watch her.

The bus arrives at the main bus station. My school is just a 10 minute walk from there and it's early so I decide to wait with her for her bus. She has to take a bus to her school since it's at the other end of the city.

We're sitting on a bench. She's playing a game on her phone and I watch her. Suddenly she tenses up. "What's wrong?" I worriedly ask her. She looks at me with pale face and scared eyes. She looks somewhere and I follow her gaze. I see who she saw. "It's him... " Rose mumbles, bows her head and shrinks herself. This d!ck Jason is here. I really want to beat the sh!t out of him but I can't without help (too short). I quickly take her hand and pull her to the restroom. I hug her and draw circles on her back. "It's okay. I'm here. I'll protect you. He can't get you here."

We stand like that for some moments until she pulls away. She looks better now. "What's the time?" I tell her. "Oh no. The bus takes off in 1 minute." I look out to see if he's still there. He's not. I take her hand and pull her to the bus that is already waiting there. Before she enters the bus I hug her. "Can you lean down a bit?" I act as if I'm whispering something in her ear but actually I place a chaste kiss on her cheek. She blushes and quickly enters the bus. She sits down and I wave to her as the bus takes off.

--

It's break. I take out my phone and text Rose.

ME
Hey when do you finish classes and arrive at the bus station? I'll wait for you there and we'll go home together.

I send a message and wait for her response. It comes almost immediately.

Rosy❤️🌍
I finish at 13.35 and my bus arrives there at 14.00. So sweet of you to wait for me. 🥺:)

ME
Ok. I finish at 14.15. I'll be there at 14.25. Ok. See you later. Love you❤️

Rosy❤️🌍
:)

Hmmm. That was a short response. I hope she's alright.

--

Finally the school bell rings and I run out of school. I meet Ivy and Jake and we head to the bus station. Closer to the station we get, wider is my smile. I'm just happy to see my Rosy.

"Soooo how's your girl?" Ivy asks. "Wait, what girl?" is confused Jake. "Oh, you know her ''not'' girlfriend." "Can you please stop calling her my girlfriend. We're not together. I love her, that's true , but she is straight. Besides she already rejected me years ago." I say sadly. "Sorry, I didn't know. But she seems to like you." "Impossible."

We arrive to the station. I look around searching for Rose. Where could she possibly be. I walk the whole station but I don't see her. Maybe her bus is late or she's missed it.

Suddenly I hear a scream around the corner, at the back of the station next to the trash cans. It's Rose. I run there and see exactly what I was afraid of. I saw Jason and Rose on the floor, her back to the wall. She is covering her face with her hands. He is saying something, probably cursing at her.

TW: cursing, h0m0ph0bia, violance

"What the f*ck you think you're doing?!"
"F*ck off. It's none of your bussiness!"
"It is my bussiness!!"
"Oh?" he leans his head to the side. He looks at me disgusted. "So that sick, useless b!tch was actually able to find someone. How disgusting you both are. F*cking dykes, " he spits.

I can't control my anger anymore. I swing my arm with all my strength and punch him in the nose. Something breaks and he groans in pain. I quickly run to Rose and hold her shoulders. I hear quiet sniffles indicating she's crying.

She moves her hands away from her face and I see her face. He's hit her! She has a busted lip and a scratch on her cheek. I wipe away her tears and hug her. "Lilly, watch out!" she yells. I turn around and see 'him' trying to punch me. He suddenly flies away and I see Matthew and Jake standing above him on the ground. They give him a couple of punches and kicks and then I stop them, of course not because I feel sorry, because I have to tell him something.

I walk to him and spit on his face. "You say we're disgusting, but you are the one who stalks, beats up and curses at his ex-girlfriend who did nothing wrong. She is the victim here! You've always hurt her. She's cried a lot because of you. You don't deserve her. She deserves someone who will love her sincerly and unconditionaly." I kick him one final time and then we walk away.