Chapter 17: Birthday

I wake up and the first thing I see is my girlfriend. Girlfriend. I waited years for that and had already lost hope she would be mine. But there she is.

I lean closer to her and kiss her lips. She wakes up and smiles brightly at me. "How good it feels to be woken up by the sun." I slap her shoulder. "What was that! That was so cheesy!" She giggles and claims my lips. I kiss her back and grab her nape to deepen the kiss.

All of a sudden the door of my room flow open. I see my mom standing there. Uh-oh. I f*cked up. I look at the clock and see that we overslept. Oh
sh!t, oh sh!t. I look at Rosy and she's also looking back at me with panic in her eyes.

"Lilly, come here for a moment," mom calls for me. I get up from my bed defeatedly and Rose grabs my hand. She looks at me with guilt in her eyes. "I'm sorry. Now you'll get through what I went through. I destroy everyone's life," she says almost crying. "Rosy, no. You made my life 1000 times better. I love you more than anything. No mater what happens I won't leave you. Okay?" I quickly peck her lips and go to my mother.

She is standing in front of my door with her arms crossed. Now the moment I was always afraid of came. My parents were always so proud of me, especially my mom. I'm so scared she will say I'm a discgrace or something like that. I'm scared she will be disgusted. But most of all I'm scared she'll be dissapointed.

I can't look her in the eyes. I don't know why but I feel guilty. "Why didn't you tell me?" I don't know what to say. I gulp and try to answer.

"Lilly congratulations!"
"What?" I think I'm going insane.
"You finally got your girl."
"What? How? You knew!?"
"Oh come on Lilly. It was sooooo obvious you like girls. And you were totally not good at hiding you like Rose those years ago, or even now. You are so damn whipped for this girl."
"Wait. So you're not mad or dissapointed or..."
"Lilly, I see how your eyes glow just at the mere mention of her name. How could I be mad at you for being happy and loving someone. No mater the gender."

"Mom, I love you so much!" I throw myself at her and hug her. Wait. "How about dad? Does he know too?"
"Don't worry. He has nothing against you. We both love you more than anything else. Now call your girlfriend." I nod at her and enter my room.

"Rosy, come out." She gulps at looks at me scared. "Don't worry," I take a hold of her hand. "Are you crazy! Let go of my hand! Your mom is there!"
"Don't panic. Trust me. Okay?"

We step out of my room holding hands. I feel Rosy trying to pull her hand out of mine but I grab her hand tightly so she can't do it. I need to show her that not everyone wants to hurt her.

"Oh my god! You two are so cute! Wait Lilly isn't that your jumper?" My mom squeals when she sees us. Rose's head perks up and she looks shocked. "See," I smile at her, "not everyone will judge you," I say to Rosy. "Yes mom, that's my clothes. She slept in them." "Every night right?" We both look at her scandalized. "YOU KNEW!?"
"Lilly, you're awful at being secretive."

"Ok, daughter and future daughter-in-law, if you could please come down and go to school. Oh, and Lilly, your present is outside."

---

"Ok, Rose please help now. Cover her eyes," says my mom. My vision is suddenly covered by two gentle hands. My mom opens the house door and Rosy leads me outside. "Open your eyes now."

I open my eyes and can't believe what I'm seeing.

"You've actually bought a motorbike for me! Oh my god

"You've actually bought a motorbike for me! Oh my god. Thanks mom and dad!" I jump up and down. I've already got my driving license for it, but my parents didn't want to buy one for me.

"Well, you're 18 now. We trust you to not break all your bones. And you have a lady to drive somewhere now too," teases my mom. "And we bought an extra helmet, you know, just in case," winks my dad. "Ok, get on. You'll be late to school."
"Wait. I can go to school by motorbike?" I excitedly asks. "Sure. There you go, the helmets."

I get on a motorbike and Rose sits behind me. She snakes her arms around my waist. I put on my helmet and so does she. I wave to my parents and start the engine. "Drive safely."
"I will," I say and drive off.

" "I will," I say and drive off

It's a comfortable drive. I'm trying hard to focus tho, because of her arms wraped around my waist. But it's not like it's my first time riding a motorbike, I've been using grandpa's a lot.

I drive in the city and to her school. I stop in front of her school and she gets of my bike. I see some students looking at us with awe. My ego kinda likes that.

"Thanks for the drive Sunshine." She turns around and starts walking away, but she turns around and comes back. "By the way, you look hot on that motorbike." After she says that she runs away. I smile widely and look at her until she dissapears through the school door. I start the engine and drive to my school.

--

"Hey Lilly!" Ivy and Jake come to me at lunch. "We've prepared you a small party for your birthday. Me, Matthew and Jake. At 6 in their apartment. Bring Rose too."
"Wow. Thank you so much. I didn't expect you to organize a party. Of course I'll come." I smile and hug them.

"Oh yeah and Rosy is now my girlfriend." I say when I pull away. Ivy chuckles. "Well, that's because of me," she says half jokingly. "What?" I frown at her. "I talked to her and she confessed that she likes you too. So I said to her that she should confess to you on your birthday." "Oh yeah, I forgot about that," I say confused and we all burst out laughing.