Chapter 18: Birthday Party

When my classes finish I jump on my new motorbike and drive to Rose's school to pick her up. As I arrive there I notice some girls laughing at her. Not on my watch! I step on the gas and speedily drive to them. I make a circle drifting around them and step on brakes so hard that it makes a loud screeching sound.

I take down my helmet and glare at them. They seem kind of intimidated. Hah, thanks for the bike mom and dad. "F*ck off. Leave her alone," I say coldly. They mutter an apology and walk away.

I step down from my motor and pull Rose in a hug. "It's okay. I'm here." She chuckles. "Oh, you're definitely here. That was an impressive entrance Sunshine." She pulls away and has her hands placed around my neck. She leans down to my ear and whispers: "That was really hot." She winks at me and I become a blushing mess.

I calm myself and pull her to my motorbike. "Rosy, my friends prepared me a birthday party at 6. Would you like to come?"
"You know I don't like people and parties."
"No, no don't worry. It's just 3 of my friends," I smile at her. "Okay then," she says and puts on her helmet. She hugs me from the back and I also put on my helmet and start the engine.

---

I stop the motor in front of her grandparents' house. She said she doesn't want to interupt my birthday with my family. "I'll come to pick you up at 5:15. Get ready for the party." I say and she shows me an okay sign before I drive away to my house.

I get home and my mom has baked me a cake. My parents took day of from work so we can celebrate my birthday. My grandparents have also arrived. When I step in the living room they start singing Happy Birthday.

They congratulate me on my 18th birthday and my grandmother almost starts crying. My dad comes in carrying a cake. I blow the candles and we eat the cake. Then they give me some presents and we talk after that.

When my grandparents leave I say to my mom: "Mom, I need to go later. Ivy, Jake and Matthew have prepared me a party at 6. I'll go and pick up Rosy with that amazing bike you've bought me."
"I'm glad you like it. Be careful and don't do too much stupid stuff, okay?" "Yes, mom. I love you."

I go to my room and dress up for the party. I stand in front of my closet thinking of what to wear. Finally I pick black ripped jeans and a white T-shirt with a wolf on it. I put a leather jacket on and wear my red converse.

I exit the house and get on my motor. I drive to Rose's house and wait for her to come out. After a minute she comes. She's wearing a black crop top and jeans shorts. I try not to stare but fail big time.

"Oh, wow. What happened to you Sunshine. You're looking so cool now." "Hey, do you want to say I'm not cool!" I yell at her offended. She comes closer to me and whispers in my ear: "No, I'm just not used to gay panic when I see you." She suddenly pulls me into a kiss and before I could respond she pulls away. "Hey! Why so short," I pout. She giggles and pecks my lips. "Just drive, we'll be late," she says and sits behind me.

---

We stop in front of a block of flats and I park my motor. We go to the door, holding hands of course, and I ring a bell. "Yes?" asks a voice from the speaker. "We're here. Let the party begin!"
"Ok, you know where our apartment is."

The door unlocks and we go inside. We enter the elevator and go up to the 5th floor. I lead the way until we get to a hallway. We stop in front of Jake and Matthew's apartment. She suddenly pulls her hand away from mine. "Why?" I ask her with a raised eyebrow. "Do your friends know that you like girls?" I realize something. "Rosy, you don't have to be scared. Not all people will judge us. My friends won't judge you. I know that 100%."

"I thought so about mine too..." she says looking a little bit sad. I smile at her reassuringly and take her hand back in mine. "You really don't have to worry. You already know Ivy. She helped us get together so she surely won't think of us badly. And my other 2 friends Jake and Matthew have been dating for, what, I think 3 or 4 years."