Chapter 16: Love

"Lilly, I need to tell you something."

"Yes?" I ask and put down my guitar. I sit next to her. She starts fidgeting with her fingers, she's nervous. I take her hands in mine and worriedly ask: "Is everything alright?"
"Yes, yes. Everything's great... Actually... I'll tell you that later."
"Why not now?"
"You'll see," she playfully winks at me.

"Come on! Let's watch something on TV!" She excitedly says and grabs the remote controller. "What do you want to watch?"
"Animations," she cutely says and looks at me with puppy eyes. I can't believe that's the same girl who was crying in my arms before. I'm looking at her cute act and I think I'm melting.

"Oh, I thought you'll want to watch horror," I tease her. Thank god, I can't watch horror movies. "Well, maybe I would but I know you can't watch them." I feel a warm feeling inside me. The one I feel every time she takes care of me or does something for me.

"You're so cute. You know that," I say and pinch her cheek. She giggles and starts tickling me. "Hey, hey, stop! Rosy!" I say while laughing. She starts tickling even more and pushes me at my back. While tickling she gets on top of me and I blush seeing how close our faces are.

She stops tickling and realizes our position too. She is straddling me and her face is just inches away from mine. My eyes flicker between her eyes and her lips. Lilly, control yourself!

I panic when she starts leaning closer. Her nose touches mine and I feel her hot breath on my lips. "You like that huh?" She teases. I can't do anything as I'm frozen in shock. "Patience, Sunshine," she says and pulls away.

I quickly get up and run to the kitchen. I take a glass of water and drink it all at once trying to calm myself. "You're such a panicked gay!" she screams from the living room. I become a blushing mess again. I take a few deep breaths and return to the living room.

"What else am I supposed to do? The girl I'm in love with almost kisses me out of the blue. You're making me crazy Rosy. You know how hard it is to control myself?" I tell her with a little bit of sadness in my voice.

"You're right. I'm sorry." I suddenly remember something. "Wait. What did you mean with patience before?" "Wait 'till the evening and you'll see," she smirks at me. "So are you gonna watch TV with me now ot not?" I nod vigorously and sit next to her.

"I want cuddles," she cutely says and, of course, I can't resist. We lay down on the couch and I hug her from behind. It's kinda funny since I'm way smaller than her. I put my head on the crook of her neck and she choses an animation to watch. We stay like that for hours.

--

When watching TV her stomach suddenly grumbles. I get up to make her something to eat. She pulls me back down. "Lilly, I know you can't cook."
"I'll try."
"No." she gets up and goes to the kitchen. I follow her like a lost puppy and sit down on the kitchen counter while watching her cook.

It's so nice like that. "Yes it is," she turns around and smiles at me. "Did I say that aloud?"
"Yes, you did," she laughs.

She puts the food on the table and I taste it. "Oh wow, Rosy! I didn't know you cook that good," I smile at her. "Thanks. You should see yourself, your eyes are literaly shining," she giggles.

---

I'm sitting at my table doing homework when my room's door opens and then closes. After a moment I feel hands hugging me from behind. I turn around and see Rosy. "I need to tell you something." She leans closer and her lips hover over mine. A centimeter away from my lips hers whisper: "I like you." She leans in and...

"Lilly, wake up," I feel someone shaking me. Oh. It was a dream. "What is it Rosy?" I ask rubbing my eyes. "Can we go to the waterfall?"
"Why?" I ask sleepily.
"The waterfall is beautiful at night."
"How do you know?"
"I went there yesterday." This makes me wake up and I jolt up. "You went to the forest at night!? What if something happened to you?"

She looks away. "I needed comfort." I look at her softly. "You could just go to me," I say lovingly. "I know. I just don't want to be a burden to you. I'm with you all the time bothering you with my problems."
"You're not. I love to spend all my time with you." I take her hand in mine, stand up and pull her with me. "Let's go then."

After we change clothes we quietly exit the house. I wonder how we didn't get caught yet with her sleeping here every night.

We enter the forest and go on the path that leads to our waterfall. "Wait. Why do you want to go there again?"
"I need to tell you something. I want it to be special tho." What is she talking about? Maybe... No Lilly! Don't get your hopes up.

We carefuly walk hand in hand. She breaks the silence by asking: "Lilly. Why are you lying to me?" I abruptly stop and choke on air. "What?! No Rosy! I'm not lying to you. I would never. Whatever you think it is you misunderstood it. I would never lie to you," I say in panic. Oh no! Is this what she wanted to talk about? She is still walking so I run to her to catch up.

"Calm down. I'm not accusing you of anything. The lie that I'm talking about is that you pretend to be okay with what we have now... One-sided relationship... You say that you're fine but you're not... You're scared that I'll leave you."
"What? How? How do you know that?"

"That day when I got my exam results your friend, Ivy I think is her name, texted me to meet up at the station. She told me how you feel and convinced me to do this."

I didn't notice we've already arrived to the waterfall. She was right when she said it's beautiful. The moonlight is shining on the water, making it look like liquid silver. I can see the night sky through the branches of trees and there are fireflies flying around.

"Wow

"Wow. It's beautiful," I say and turn to her. "Yes it is," she says staring right into my eyes. She turns so that she is fully facing me.

"Lilly, I have to admit something... I regret pushing you away those years ago. I should at least give you a chance. You proved to me countless of times that your love is unconditional," she smiles at me. Stars from the sky mirror in her eyes. "You would never hurt me... like others did. And even now, after I hurt you and all those years passed, it's still like that. You helped me out of darkness. You're a sunshine in my life."

She steps closer to me and leans down so our faces are centimetres apart. "I realized something. I thought what I feel for you is just gratitude, but... "

She closes the gap between our lips and presses hers on mine. She captures my lips in a soft, slow kiss. OH MY GOD! Please tell me this is not a dream! I respond to the kiss and wrap my arms around her nape. She gently grabs my nape and tilts my head so she can deepen the kiss. It's magical.

When we break our kiss she leans her forehead on mine. "I love you Lilly."
"Say that again," I say breathless.
"What?"
"Please say it again. I've waited years for those words." She chuckles. "I love you Lilly. I love you so much."

I pull her nape and kiss her. Her lips taste so sweet. I can't believe this is finally happening! Her soft lips are perfect for mine, like two puzzle pieces that fit together.

She pulls away. "Happy Birthday Lilly." What? Oh. I can hear the church bell ringing in the distance showing that it's midnight. "Oh. It's my birthday today. I forgot," I chuckle. "That's the best gift ever."
"It can be better. Ask." I'm confused for a second, but then I realize what she means.

"Rosy, I love you. Would you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes, my sun."

We kiss again and then slowly walk back home. "You planned that right? To be on my birthday?"
"Yes," she giggles.
"I love you so much."
"I love you too."