Chapter 14: Mission Rosy

I wake up and decide something. So something had hurt Rose so she hurt herself. She was with me the whole time except when she was at school. So this means something happened there.

I'm going to ditch school today and follow her to her school, stay there and watch her. This might be creepy and stalking, but I have to check.

So as I promised I go to her house early in the morning, sooner than usual. I wait in front of her door. It finally opens and reveals my beauty. I smile at her, even after everything that happened yesterday. "Good morning." She just looks at me with sad eyes and mutters a small "Good morning."

While walking she keeps her distance. I feel my heart breaking. We usually walk really closely or even hold hands. She doesn't have any expression on her face and just keeps on looking at the front.

When we board the bus she wants to walk away and not sit beside me but I grab her hand and pull her to sit next to me. She just sits there with blank expression. I lift my hand to brush some hair out of her face, but she gently stops my hand. "Please don't." I mutter an apology as I fight my tears. I turn away and stare out of the window.

We arrive at the main bus station. "Don't wait with me for my bus. Go to your school." I look at her sadly and walk away. I pretend that I'm leaving but I actually sit on a bench in front of station. I wait until her bus arrives when I return to the platforms.

I look around to see if she's already on the bus and she is. She is sitting right at the back. I quickly get on the bus and just stand at the front. There are a lot of people and I'm tiny. She won't be able to see me.

The bus arrives at her school. People leave the bus at the back door. I wait for her to leave and carefuly exit so she doesn't see me. I decide, it would be the best to just follow her to class and wait to see what happens at the break time.

Well, change of plans I guess. She's not even going to enter the school. She's going to the backside of school. I'm getting really worried now. Something is definitely going on here. I wait for a couple of moments until she dissapears around the corner. I quietly walk to the corner and peak around.

I'm shocked by what I see. It's Rose on her knees on the ground. She is surrounded by a group of teenagers.

TW: b*llying, hard h0m0ph0bia, bad language

"So, you did what you had too?" says a girl, a leader I suppose, her voice dripping with poison. "You f*cking d*ke. And you're dating a kid, pffff, you also a pedoph!le on top off it." What? Dating? Kid? Wait, is this about me?

"So b!tch you happy now. You f*cking infected a kid with your gay disease. Talk now! Did you do what we told you to!" What the f*ck are they talking about! "Poor child, I hope you broke up with her, unless we'll have to take care of that. It's not like you won't cheat on her anyways." Others burst out laughing. I clench my fists and I feel tears treathening to fall. "You hear that b!tch! We'll make your and hers life a hell." Rose is quiet the whole time. The leader gives a sign and some of the others start kicking her.

END OF TW

What? I... This is why she was acting like this. I feel tears falling on my cheeks and my blood is boiling. That's been enough! I wipe my tears and step around the corner.

"First off: I'm not a child. I'm f*cking 17. Second off: LEAVE HER ALONE!" I scream and jump to Rose. She looks up to me and my heart breaks seeing tears in her eyes. Bullies are surprised so I have time to grab her hand and pull her with me. I start running. I would fight them but I can't fight a whole group alone. "Hah, you're so lame. This midget has to save you, loser!" I hear a scream behind us. I turn around and see them running after us.

We can't just run forever. I notice Rose is barely keeping up. She must be hurt. I grit my teeth and clench my fist. We have to hide, but they're close behind us, they'll see if we hide.

Then I get an idea. I turn and run to the school entrance. "Where... is the... principal's... office?" I ask while running. She pulls me to the right and we run to the end. There are big white doors and a sign that says 'Principal Jane Dove' next to it.

I start knocking on the door, more like punching, and then bullies arrive and surround us. "Heh, what now losers! Get them." They start approaching us when the door behind us flows open.

I see a strict looking woman with a bob glaring at us. More like them, because we're obviously victims. "What is going on!?" she says strictly. "We're just taking care of the planet," evily smirks the leader. "Explain!" "We're throwing away the trash."

I feel Rose's hand shaking in mine. I give her hand a reasurring squeeze. "Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you. I'll protect you," I whisper. She looks at me with tears streaming down her cheeks. There's something in her eyes I can't decipher.

"You all to my office! Now!" she shouts. "You two, wait in my secretary's office," she says softer.

Secretary's office is right next to principal's. We enter and it's empty. Good. I spot a sofa. I guide Rose to sit on it. I sit next to her. Our hands holding each other all the time. "Thank you. You saved me again," she whispers, almost inaudible. "Of course I did. I love you. I'll always save you." My lips curve into a small smile.

"Even after what happened yesterday?" She asks with her voice breaking. I cup her cheek and look her lovingly in the eyes. She has to see I love her. "Yes, Rosy. I love you no matter what happens. Can I?" She nods and I lean closer and tenderly kiss her cheek, other cheek, then her nose and her forehead. When I pull away I see she is glowing red. "I like this on the nose," Rosy shyly whispers. I smile and kiss her nose again.

In this moment door opens and Rosy flinches and jumps away. She looks scared. Is she afraid of someone seeing us?

"No need to be scared Ms. Blue." Mrs. Dove enters. We stand up to sit on the chairs in front of the desk but she pulls out a chair and brings it in front of a sofa we're sitting at. "I think it's better like this. More relaxed. So can you please tell me what happened." Mrs. Dove looks at Rosy. She has her gaze on the floor. She tugs on my sleeve and whispers "Can you tell her please?" I tell the principal what I saw and I feel Rosy tightly holding my hand.

"When did that start?" Rosy glances at Mrs. Dove for a second and looks back at the floor. "Half a year ago. After that photo of me was all over the school." she says in a whisper. "I understand. Well the bullies will be expeled. Our school doesn't tollerate any violance. Do you want to go to school nurse?" "No," she shakes her head. "Why not?" I ask confused. "I've been there way too many times," she whispers and grips my hand tightly. "Lilly, please take me home," she looks at me with pleading eyes. "Ok," I say and smile at her reasuringly. She doesn't deserve all of this
sh!t that has happened to her.

"Ok, I'll let you go home, since this is a critical situation. I'll give you a permit for abscence for medical reasons(?) and you too Ms.... " "Lilly Shine." "Ms. Shine. Which class are you in?"

Uh-oh. I'm done for. "Ehhh...haha...ummm... I'm actually not from this school."
"What?" she looks more confused than mad. "What are you doing here then."
"Well, I saw yesterday that something is wrong with Rosy... I mean Rose," I see the principal chuckle, "and got a hunch that something happened in school. So I secretly followed her." I turn to Rose: "I'm sorry."
"Why are you apologizing? If you weren't there who knows what would happen."

"I see," Mrs. Dove says. "You may go." We stand up and go to the door. When I put my hand on a doorknob she speaks again: "Ms. Blue," we turn around, "this girl is a keeper." She winks at us and eyes our intertwined fingers. Rosy blushes and we leave.

"Your principal is cool," I say as we walk out of school.