6. Game of Chess

Hiiiiiiiii. .

Well here's the update do enjoy and leave a lot of comments.

Like lottttt of comments..

P.s. sorry I couldn't reply to your comments in past few chaps. I personally believe that a writer should reply to comments because it make the readers feel valued and they interact in a way. So I will try to reply from now on.

Her sleep thinned away, again before the proper time leaving her sighing on her long nestled habit

True to the counsellor's word. She had harboured insomnia herself. She didn't struggled with lack of sleep earlier, surely nightmares used to bite hard.

But it was her who decided to not stay in bed when the demons of her past showed up behind her closed eyelids.

It was her who decided to busy herself instead staying wrapped in the blanket, waiting for sleep and going through that nightmare in her mind again and again.

But now she wanted to change it. She wanted to heal.She was burnt down to ashes years ago. She wanted to rise again, like a Phoenix. New and fresh.
Without any weakness.
Without any mercy.

Raina looked at the big palm laying on the pillow adjacent to her. Turning towards him, she started skimming his knuckles with her finger.

Feeling each ridge, each line and each cut under her touch. She did it very softly, very very softly.
You bet! He would have been feeling feathers touch in his sound sleep.

And yes, she was stubborn. So much stubborn that sleep again enveloped her. It was an hour and half later but never mind, it kneeled down against her.

🔅🔆🔅

Adhiraj wore a thin jacket over his tshirt as cold morning breeze was flowing out there.
But his eyes again went to his wife who was sleeping soundly there.

'Why is she not awake till now?'

A feeling similar to concern swirled in the pit of his stomach.

He walked towards the right side of bed where she was snuggling against the quilt and called out her, "Raina!"

She opened her eyes after couple of more tries. She sat up slowly and yawned.

"What happened? Are you not feeling good?", he asked bending over her small form and putting back the hair strands covering her face.

She shook her head and get out of the bed.
Smiling lazily at him, she said, "I'm fine."

She came back from bathroom after brushing her teeth but still she was looking groggy.

"You are looking tired.",he commented.