16. First

Happy reading ❤

You can again read the last chapter and then continue to get the whole vibe of this chapter.

She was still laying there, hugging him tightly, not minding his weight crushing her but then Adhiraj patted her head and called her, "Raina!"

She didn't respond for few seconds but then hummed lightly.

"Get up."

She didn't moved an inch, just continued to cling to him with her eyes closed as if she was trying to catch on the last ruins of her dreams.

He sighed and rested his head on the crook of her neck and said while inhaling her scent, "I really don't mind it but someone is knocking on the door relentlessly."

And that did the job. Raina immediately sprang on her feet, pushing him away, as soon as her mind registered his words and the sound of knock over the door.

The door was not locked!
And they were in the seating area, not even the bedroom, leaving only a door between them and the person standing behind it.

She was stumbling towards the bedroom when he held her elbow. She looked back and asked hurriedly, "What?"

"You are forgetting your file.", he handed the black folder out for her.
She grasped it but he didn't let go of his hold.

Instead his eyes travelled to her face, her disheveled hair, her puffed up lips.

And then down to the curves of her neck. Further more down to whatever the undone button may allow him to see, the neck, few pale red marks, including her cleavage and a glimpse of a black lacy fabric.

"What are you looking at?", Raina frowned and looked down where his gaze was settled. She gasped and tried to put together the sides of her satin top.

He let go of the file and leaned back on the sofa.

"Everything is perfect."

His statement made her eyes narrow.

He bit back the smirk and said in a very smug tone, "In the file. The contract, the clauses. Everything is perfect."

Raina felt the heat of shame and irritation swirling in her chest. Keeping anything and everything aside, she just wanted to smack his head with the back of that file.

But then another knock put a coma at her violent thoughts. She jogged to the bedroom after sending last glare at him.

Adhiraj leaned back on the sofa and shouted, "Come in."

A staff entered and greeted him with a head nod before informing him, "Rani sa and Rana sa have come back, they are calling you and Bai sa in the hall."

Adhiraj dismissed him after after letting him know that they will be there in a while.

He heard some shuffling sounds from his bedroom and then the bathroom door closing with a bang.